cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent messages seem to disappear

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
1 of 10

When using the "Send Message" feature on the "My Jobs" page (next to the "Job Details" button) of a specific contract - I can never find those sent messages again. They seem to disappear into thin air and I don't know if clients actually receive them.

I searched my regular messages folder, I went back to the contract and chose "View all messages" - but those are never there. Why is that so?

Of ocurse I could ask the Helpdesk; but that service has been rather flakey lately and it might take forever. Has anyone else encountered the same problem? 

Thanks a lot.

Ela

Community Guru
2 of 10

Hm, all of a sudden my latest sent message via this feature did appear in "View all messages". It is still not visible in my regular messages inbox folder. Which usually lists all my conversations - incoming and sent messages. It does show in the sent folder though.

It is a bit confusing.

Ace Contributor
Cesar G Member Since: Feb 11, 2015
3 of 10

There might be a delay in the system when updating your list of sent messages. About the message not being visible in the inbox, perhaps the messages are in the sent tab?

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
4 of 10

I might be wrong here Ela, but I think if you send a message via the jobs/contract page it's only visile through "view all messages" on the jobs page, and not in the regular message list. For this reason I send all important mesages from the message page, whereas from the jobs page I usually just put "see my message..."

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 10

Hi Ela,

When you send a message using the button in My Jobs, it creates a new message thread and does not add to the message thread that you may already have with this client. You will be able to find that message in your Sent messages and client will receive it. If you go Messages you can click on one of the existing threads with the client and send a message through it.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
6 of 10

Thanks to all who have replied.

I'll just use the regular messages feature from now on. Makes it easer to track.

Chris D Member Since: May 27, 2015
7 of 10

I've noticed this issue as well - I posted a job, then when viewing the applicants I tried to send messages to 2 of them, directly from the Send Message button when viewing the applicant's response. One of the messages completely disappeared, immediately, but I think that may be because straight after I clicked the Send button, I tried to navigate to another page without waiting for the system to finish loading the "successfully sent" page.

However I'm sure I sent another message to another applicant yesterday, and the message immediately showed at the bottom of that applicant's details on the job list, but today when I logged in the message has completely disappeared. It's not in the Sent folder, and it doesn't show against that applicant when I open the job post.

I think there's a bug lurking in the system somewhere that is making these messages disappear.

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
8 of 10

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Ela,

When you send a message using the button in My Jobs, it creates a new message thread and does not add to the message thread that you may already have with this client. You will be able to find that message in your Sent messages and client will receive it. If you go Messages you can click on one of the existing threads with the client and send a message through it.

I hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply, Valeria!

I'd be interested in hearing whether anyone finds having two ways of handling messages useful. My immediate thought is I would prefer all messages to a client to be in a single thread—on the other hand, that's what I'm used to and yes, it can get unwieldy. So does anyone leverage the ability to have multiple threads with one client or on one job to help them manage communication?

Thanks and best,

Michael

Jachym H Member Since: Mar 24, 2016
9 of 10

I also find this very confusing. I've send messages to several candidates, and I guess they received them, because I get a bizzare message of "

XYZ is already a <a href="/applications/326665366">candidate</a> of this job posting." if I try sending it again, but I can't find the message I sent her anywhere. This is especially weird as no one is replying to the things I send. 

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
10 of 10

@Jachym H wrote:

I also find this very confusing. I've send messages to several candidates, and I guess they received them, because I get a bizzare message of "

XYZ is already a <a href="/applications/326665366">candidate</a> of this job posting." if I try sending it again, but I can't find the message I sent her anywhere. This is especially weird as no one is replying to the things I send. 

I have an ongoing project with a client right now who sent me several messages on different days that were never received, and have heard others in the forums lately reporting similar problems.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS