cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seriously confused about the payment schedule and any amount less than 100 to be withdrawn

mthshahin
Md. Shahin I Member Since: Aug 7, 2017
1 of 9

I am a non-US based freelancer. This is my first time here to ask any question. I searched through different threads to figure out the answer I'm after but no dice. However, can I withdraw funds below $100 limit! Because after hitting the "Get Paid Now" button and following the rest of the procedeure I ended up setting a weekly payment schedule. And nowhere I could find any option for any amount less than 100 to be set.
If I am not wrongly understood then I can withdraw the amount supposed to be transferred within three days to a local bank through wire transfer (i'm not quite sure though, what is gonna happen). Here goes my question: is it always there a 'payment schedelue' to be set to transfer any amount or there is any other options for withdrawing amount less than 100? What if the amount is 50 or something? If it is less than 50 then how can a "payment schedule" (as there is no option for 50 dollar) be set and if it is not set then the withdrawing procedure for 50 dollar should not take place.
Am I missing something? Btw, 'Get paid now" button always takes me to the place i just described above. Thanks for any answer.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 9

Have you set up a withdrawal method yet? And completed your tax info?

mthshahin
3 of 9

Thanks Petra R, for your comment. Yep, I did set up a withdrawl method today and completed tax info few dayas back.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 9

Then you won’t be able to withdraw until 3 days have passed since the withdrawal method was set up (for security reasons) but once it becomes active you can use the Get Paid Now button to withdraw your available funds, even if it is less than $ 100.

mthshahin
5 of 9

Thanks again Petra R, for your reply. All I need to know at this point is whether it is necessary to set up a schedule, I meant schedule are to be set for any specific amout, as in 100 in this case. This is where i get confused. If the schedule was meant to be set for $0 or more instead of $100 or more then I would not worry about how much i have and how much I can withdraw.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
6 of 9

Hi Md. Shahin,

Please check this Help article explaining the automatic payment schedule options and use in detail, set the preferred timing and amount for automatic withdrawals ($100 is the minimum) and note that you can initiate manual withdrawals at any time and for any amount, higher than the withdrawal fee.

Petra already advised you regarding the payment method you set up and you can check the date shown below this option on your Get Paid page to learn when it will become active.

Let us know if you need further guidance and I'd strongly advise you to review these freelancer resources.

Untitled

View solution in original post

mthshahin
7 of 9

Thanks to all for providing me with some invaluable information I needed to know. However, one last question about something else which is not relevant to this thread: Can i use the same information in my linked-in profile which I've used in my upwork profile? I meant, if it is not against the upwork policy. Thanks for any input.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 9

Hi Md. Shahin,

If you're planning to copy your Upwork profile overview and use it on your Social Media profiles, feel free to proceed as this isn't a violation.

Untitled
mthshahin
9 of 9

Thanks a lot Vladimir G, for this information. I have been thinking about it for a long time but never dare to do so. I'll try it now. Thanks again.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS