Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seriously!!!!

smartbpo
Community Guru
Muhammad I Member Since: Dec 19, 2015
1 of 8

One of my Agency member recently received an invitation for interview. Clients history and spending are very strong and no one can judge that he/she is trying to hack freelancers account using Phishing technique. 

When he received that invitation he informed me about that the download files are suspicious and I ask him to send over the file via intranet file sharing so I can check it. Though I opened the files in sandbox just for fun and sent lot of wrong information Smiley Tongue

When I opened the folder there were three HTML files for Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo customized for Phishing purposes, I just informed the Upwork help center about that client, I don't know how fast they will take an action about his account.

Look at client profile!!!!! **Edited for Community Guidelines**

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
2 of 8

Ughhhhhhhhh

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 8

ouchie...

Me thinks the client is themselves a victim - maybe they have a disgruntled freelancer with recruiter priviledges.....

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
4 of 8

After my initial reaction, this was my thought too.  Why risk such a valuable account?

@Petra R wrote:

ouchie...

Me thinks the client is themselves a victim - maybe they have a disgruntled freelancer with recruiter priviledges.....

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 8

Yeah, I bet this guy's account is hacked.

I think I got an invite for this. The URL looks familiar.

smartbpo
Community Guru
Muhammad I Member Since: Dec 19, 2015
6 of 8

Na!!! He is not a victim I checked his history and other information by internet research that guy actually owns an IT business and provide services in  Springfield, Massachusetts.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 8

Thanks for reporting this, Mohammed.

I will follow up with the team to make sure they take care of it as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork
yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
8 of 8

Muhammad wrote, 'I checked his history and other information by internet research that guy actually owns an IT business and provide services in  Springfield, Massachusetts.'

If anything, that broadens the field of suspects -- a disgruntled ex-employee for instance.