1 of 9

Fixed-Price - Entry Level ($) - Est. Budget: $5 - Posted 29 minutes ago
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

How is this even allowed? 
quijibo
Community Guru
Alexander F Member Since: Mar 10, 2017
2 of 9

There are hundreds of people with 0 dignity that would gladly take those jobs here

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 9

Why wouldn't it be allowed, and by whom?

Upwork isn't my mom. 

Each of us grown up professionals is free to take the jobs that meet our criteria and ignore those that don't.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 9

The chances that anyone in their right mind with "top notch translation skill" would apply for that job are infinitesimal I believe. 

Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 9

@John K wrote:

The chances that anyone in their right mind with "top notch translation skill" would apply for that job are infinitesimal I believe. 

It gets even more "interesting" when you look at that client's history.......................

Littered with horrid feedback and academic fraud.

ingridcarlsson
Ingrid B Member Since: Sep 25, 2016
6 of 9

Absolutely agree. The clients also have the cheek to put their proposals out for expert writers at that rate!

Someone needs to get real here; at $5.00 less the Upwork fee the job is not worth doing - ever!

svenimp
Ace Contributor
Stephen L V Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
7 of 9

It is sad that there are clients out there that think that 5 bucks is reasonable, especially for an "expert". I saw a voice over project that paid 2 bucks yesterday. The client wanted an "expert". After fees that would pay a whopping 1.80, minus a buck if one gets paid via PayPal. 

nymerion
Community Leader
Konstantinos X Member Since: Sep 8, 2015
8 of 9

Although I don't agree with these super low compensations, this is a global marketplace so clients are free to place their desired $$ as long as they are within Upwork's policies and regulations.

gerrys
Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
9 of 9

Put on your "$ filter" and forget about it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS