🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Service Fee
Page options
6a69ed97
Community Member

Service Fee

Hi there,

Just had a questions regarding service fees! I'm new to Upwork and started a job for a client last week. My pending earnings is $205 and on the statement it says that my client is being charged $45 (service fee). So my question is are we both being charged a service fee of 20%? Also I read that Upwork holds funds for an additional week for review. I was told  that Upwork pays weekly, so in essence they pay every 2 weeks? Lastly, What is this  percentage of the weekly rate paid?

Thanks Guys.

1 REPLY 1
florydev
Community Member

The client is being charged for all of it but Upwork is taking their 20% before you get it. The clients get charged 3% for credit card processing fees. Once you get to $500 with a client it is 10% and 5% at 10k. Note, that’s per client. You have a new client you will be at 20% with them.
If it is hourly, which it sounds like it is, you will paid next week. This week it is in review. What you work this week will be paid on the week following. What it means by weekly is if you have pending funds you can get it every week.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members