🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Service fee being calculated at 6%
Page options
agustina-gil
Community Member

Service fee being calculated at 6%

Hi guys! 

So I just hit $10,000 with a client. But my service fee has been calculated at 6% and not 5%. 

Is this just for the first time the new percenatge gets put in or am I calculating it wrong somehow? (I stink at maths but im definitely sure what 5% is)

I appreciate any help or advice! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Agustina G wrote:

Hi guys! 

So I just hit $10,000 with a client. But my service fee has been calculated at 6% and not 5%. 

Is this just for the first time the new percenatge gets put in or am I calculating it wrong somehow? (I stink at maths but im definitely sure what 5% is)

Chances are some part of your most recent billings were at 10% and some part was at 5%

For example, if you were at $ 9500, and then got a $ 2000 payment, then $ 500 would have the 10% fee and the remaining $ 1500 would have the 5% fee deducted.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

@Agustina G wrote:

Hi guys! 

Chances are some part of your most recent billings were at 10% and some part was at 5%

For example, if you were at $ 9500, and then got a $ 2000 payment, then $ 500 would have the 10% fee and the remaining $ 1500 would have the 5% fee deducted.

Makes sense! Thanks! 😄

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths