🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Setting up a zoom interview
Page options
marshall-debbie
Community Member

Setting up a zoom interview

I was asked to open a potential clients caldenar link so I could pick a date for the two of us to have a zoom interview, is this typical? I feel like we both should offer up dates/times and then schedule a zoom in our chat room. Any advice? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Debbie,

You are free to use a scheduling tool that does not require the sharing of contact information. You may also use Upwork Messages to discuss and set up an interview.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Debbie,

You are free to use a scheduling tool that does not require the sharing of contact information. You may also use Upwork Messages to discuss and set up an interview.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Where is the Upwork Zoom scheduling function?

Clinton L wrote:

In our dreams

How about just a calendar to remind me of upcoming video or voice calls or schedule/block my time better for my ongoing projects?

Phyllis G wrote:

Clinton L wrote:

In our dreams

Indeed! 🤣

What scheduling tool would you recommend that doesn't involve sharing contact information?  Can't Upwork create this tool fairly easily?  This would make freelancers life so much easier and better.

I know one tool that doesn't need any contact info to be shared.

It's called a BRAIN. 🤪

If that fails, I just carve the date and time (and time zone!) on an empty coconut husk and hang it over my computer. 😉

And I can tell you, my brain fails a lot. 😬 Which is why my house is getting really messy... ask my wife. 🤣

Unfortunately, it takes two brains to communicate and there is little to no chance of me being able to read a strangers mind through Upwork.

Clinton, I hate to tell ya but the mind reading skill is essential out here.

Key to success, no less. 😉

Can't do it, can't succeed. 😬
ceefaeca
Community Member

I also use a scheduling tool. Basically, I list all my available hours for having a chat on my scheduling calendar and share a link of that with the client if they ask to have a chat for discussing the job. They just need to select the time and we just come online at the decided time on Upwork to have an Upwork call (I think Upwork should have a unique Zoom link for freelancers, it will be great!!). 

I feel scheduling tools are a nice way rather scheduling a call on messages. I hate to spend time in discussions like:

"When should we have a chat to discuss the job"

"I am available at 10 am"

"Oh no, it will be 4 pm for me and I have a very important meeting scheduled already"

"Okay, then 12pm?"

"No, I am busy that time too"

And, it literally takes more than half an hour in deciding when to meet for a 15 minutes call!!! Scheduling tools are awesome, they help to stay organized. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members