🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Setting up payment method for Indian banks
Page options
273f8db3
Community Member

Setting up payment method for Indian banks

Hi there,

I am here at upwork since March 2020 . I have completed 5 projects in upwork , but the thing I am worried is about getting paid. As Iam from India , the payment set up requires PAN card number, which I haven't made yet coz I am a student. I have applied for the same but due to the pandemic its taking quite a long and I am afraid whether my earnings may get erased if we dont set up payment method for a period of 180 days(I read in one of Upwork community members post). So is it possible that for the time being I set up PAN card number and bank account of my dad or brother and later when I recieve my PAN number I can change the bank account? Is it Possible? That would be great.

Waiting for your prompt reply

Best Regards

Muaaz

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muaaz,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. To set up payment to your bank or payment account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork. Feel free to check out this help article for more information.

Thank you. 

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksander,

Thanks for your reply. But I need to know , the 180 days countdown starts from my first earning date right? I have to know that as then I have to be quick enough. 

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muaaz,

Our terms do not permit a balance to be held on Upwork for more than 180 days. The 180 days counter starts from the day when freelancer’s payment transaction reaches their account balance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
727f6ed1
Community Member

I have been facing the same problem. The steps you need to follow are as follows. Firstly, apply for the PAN card, then wait for 15-20 days till it arrives. Then go the bank and link your bank account and your PAN card. And the job is done. Enjoy Upwork.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members