Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several clients who won't close contracts

novikovma
Ace Contributor
Mikhail N Member Since: Jul 18, 2015
1 of 3

Hi

Over the last year, i have accumulated 3 clients who simply never bothered to close the contract after their work was complete (all done and delivered as planned - 1 fixed price and 2 hourly ones). They just disappered, and in all likelihood stopped using Upwork at all. I think they were not aware that i was supposed to to get contract closed nd feedback assigned.

How do i go about these contracts now? I know that closing a contract from my side, knowing i will not get a feedback, is a bad idea: currently i have 100% job success and 5.0 feedback, and that will go down (at least success score, probably not feedback). Do i just ignore them? Attempts to contact clients so far ended nowhere, maybe they just used throaway email accounts and stopped checking them once the projects were done.

What do i do?

Thanks

novikovma
Ace Contributor
Mikhail N Member Since: Jul 18, 2015
2 of 3

Main question i have: is success rate weighted by project size? One of these projects were super tiny and 2 others small, combined under 2% of my total money earned on Upwork (i had 48 contracts from maybe about 30 clients), and under 10% for the last year. Will it still be able to mentionably impact my success rate if i just close them?

There is no reason to think any of the clients is not happy with my work, but all likelihood that they have disappeared and i won't be able to contact them anymore, ever.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 3

Hi Mikhail,

If you can't reach your clients, go ahead and close the open contracts yourself as completed successfully. Note that only a pattern of contracts without feedback can negatively affect your Job Success Score, so going forward make sure you ask the clients to close your contract if they don't have any further work for you at the same time as you submit the final deliverable for the job.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS