Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shady Jobs: Share the Ones You've Seen

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
11 of 27

That's incredibly creepy.  I do hope you report that client/job.

@Kristine S wrote:

Oh, I just had a super shady job offer - I had to make a job interview with one girl and recruit her for one EU programme's summer job. Well, the guy who did not even tell me his real name via Skype explained that it is supposed to be a "good prank" as they want to organise for the girl a surprise trip - when she arrives in this other country they would organise for her entertainment, etc.. Haha.. well.. I said, obviously, no.. 

kirke_
Ace Contributor
Kristine S Member Since: May 9, 2016
12 of 27

How can you do that? Have you ever done that?

csjarmitage
Community Guru
13 of 27

If you were invited to interview, there is a link to the job post within the invitation.  Follow the link and then flag the job as inappropriate.

Unfortunately, however, if they just offered you the job without an interview, I don't believe there's a way to flag the post.  Maybe a mod can comment, in case I'm incorrect in that.

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
14 of 27

@Kristine S wrote:

Oh, I just had a super shady job offer - I had to make a job interview with one girl and recruit her for one EU programme's summer job. Well, the guy who did not even tell me his real name via Skype explained that it is supposed to be a "good prank" as they want to organise for the girl a surprise trip - when she arrives in this other country they would organise for her entertainment, etc.. Haha.. well.. I said, obviously, no.. 

That's not just shady - that's frightening. Did they give you any details about the girl? Maybe you can contact her and warn her??

kirke_
Ace Contributor
15 of 27

No, he did not manage to tell it to me because I said no very early. 

And I just reported the job to Upwork. 

csjarmitage
Community Guru
16 of 27

I just keep imagining one of my daughters being lured to another country under false pretenses.  

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
17 of 27

Hi Kristine,

I followed up with our dedicated team regarding your report but please do include a screenshot of your conversation and the client's request on your ticket.

Thank you.

Untitled
kirke_
Ace Contributor
18 of 27

He asked to alk by Skype - so obviously I do not have any screenshots as we talked by phone. Yesterday I suggested chat but he wanted the phone only. 

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
19 of 27

When I do Skype voice interviews, I set up  my voice recorder and the whole convo is on my micro sd card. I download all my convos to my computer 'just in case.' 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
20 of 27

@Mariska P wrote:

When I do Skype voice interviews, I set up  my voice recorder and the whole convo is on my micro sd card. I download all my convos to my computer 'just in case.' 

Which would be inadmissible unless agreed to previously, and in most countries illegal.....

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS