🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Shall I use the Top rated superpower or not?
Page options
vsalinitro
Community Member

Shall I use the Top rated superpower or not?

Hi everybody, 

finally, the time has come for me to decide if I want to use the perk to remove a review and the way it will affect my rating.

I had a client who was unhappy with my work who decided to close the contract and ask for a refund of the money in escrow, since I couldn't be bothered to go through the arbitration process for 100$, I accepted.

my question is, how badly is this contract, without any exchange of money, going to affect me? is it possible and worth to use my superpower to delete it?

At the moment my % of clients who would recommend me is 97% with 6% of Long-term clients.

thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
simonhumphries
Community Member

Hey,

As someone with a JSS of 100 and so many jobs completed, you won't need to worry about this situation impacting your score enough to take you below 90, so your top rated status will be safe.

Yes, this instance may cause a reduction in your JSS, and yes you can use your perk to remove this impact. Even if, for some weird reason, it's enough to take you below 90, you still have a window of time where you can use the perk to undo the damage.

Beyond that, it's a matter of personal preference if you want to use your perk to retain your 100. It sure looks great at the top of the profile and is definitely worth keeping if you think future clients' interest may drop as a result (especially as 94% of your work comes from new ones).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
simonhumphries
Community Member

Hey,

As someone with a JSS of 100 and so many jobs completed, you won't need to worry about this situation impacting your score enough to take you below 90, so your top rated status will be safe.

Yes, this instance may cause a reduction in your JSS, and yes you can use your perk to remove this impact. Even if, for some weird reason, it's enough to take you below 90, you still have a window of time where you can use the perk to undo the damage.

Beyond that, it's a matter of personal preference if you want to use your perk to retain your 100. It sure looks great at the top of the profile and is definitely worth keeping if you think future clients' interest may drop as a result (especially as 94% of your work comes from new ones).

Thank you Simon, 

apparently, I worried for nothing, my JSS went down to 98%. I think I'll take the "hit" and keep my superpower for the future.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members