cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shameless Buyers

anna247

Freelancers beware!

Don't accept work that is below your pay grade. It's pretty shameful that Upwork features buyers who are looking for expert writers, yet they decline expertise because they only want to pay peanuts!

Shame on you! And especially you, *Edited for Community Guidelines(who rates himself as an expert).

4 REPLIES 4
katrinabeaver
Community Guru

I don't understand how this is an Upwork problem. You are a grown person running your own business, no one forces you to lower your rate. 

Also keep in mind this is a global platform. Expert rates for some countries are considerably lower than expert rates in others. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

I guess it's a while since you took a proper look at the listings on the site!

Don't bother to reply.

Lol I will reply if I want to reply, it's a public forum. No reason to get rude. 

I do look at postings a lot, when I was new I would waste my time putting in bids that didn't turn out to be anything.  I don't even pay attention to budgets anymore.  I have landed contracts where the client has chose Entry Level/freelancers with the lowest rates. 

How can I do this, because I took advice from experienced freelancers, read everything I could get my eyes on in the forum and didn't get mad if someone said I wasn't doing something right. I just put the advice to use and was successful here in no time.  

If someone is not successful here, it's not the fault of the client or how much they pay or how they classify their project, it's because the freelancer didn't want to put in the time and energy to make freelancing work for them. That's the bottom line. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

This is a public forum. There are new people here like yourself, as well as members who have been around for a good long while <years, cough, years>.

I suggest that you refrain from making broad "you are" statements. 

Or in other words, your opinon is probably welcome, so long as you don't shove it down everyone's throat.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS