🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Sharing Contact information with a client.
Page options
animationdog
Community Member

Sharing Contact information with a client.

Hi,

Can I share my contact information with my client? I know I can't have it as part of my profile. But, I'm not sure of all the rules and if it is ok to share this info after I start on a contract.

Thanks,

Jason

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Jason:

Upwork has no rules against sharing contact information with clients.

Most successful freelancers DO share additional contact information with clients - such as an email address.

But we do so thoughtfully... and in a controlled way.

If you have more specific questions, just ask.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Jason:

Upwork has no rules against sharing contact information with clients.

Most successful freelancers DO share additional contact information with clients - such as an email address.

But we do so thoughtfully... and in a controlled way.

If you have more specific questions, just ask.

Thanks Preston!

Hey Preston, I have a question for you. Is it allowed to share my email address with clients when they ask in chat before the contract started?

I recently received a few requests to share my email address for the Google meet or Zoom call.

Please let me know.

Thank you!

- David

David T wrote:

Hey Preston, I have a question for you. Is it allowed to share my email address with clients when they ask in chat before the contract started?

I recently received a few requests to share my email address for the Google meet or Zoom call.

Please let me know.

Thank you!

- David

This is now not allowed and is a violation of Upwork's TOS.

All communication before a contract is in place should take place on Upwork.

You may read it here:
https://www.upwork.com/legal#Communicatingthrough

David T wrote:

Is it allowed to share my email address with clients when they ask in chat before the contract started?

Not anymore. As of a few days ago, Upwork rolled out a new terms of service change that prohibits communication outside of Upwork unless and until a contract is offered and accepted.

Once you have been hired and have an active contract, you can communicate with the client through whatever means you and client agree upon.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members