🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Sharing Email with Clients
Page options
nwzkhd
Community Member

Sharing Email with Clients

Hey everyone, Can I share my email with the client after starting the per-hour contract? My client needs my email address so that he can send and get the files using the google doc link. Wanted to know if this breaks any Tos of Upwork?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jane_editor
Community Member

I've had to share my email with a few customers for sharing Google Docs, including one repeat customer. As long as you continue to arrange your jobs through Upwork with your customer (including new jobs with them), then sharing email or communicating off-platform isn't an issue.

It only becomes an issue if a client tries to take you off-platform for payment or to arrange a job without Upwork.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Go ahead and share your email address after a contract has started. No rules against that.

jane_editor
Community Member

I've had to share my email with a few customers for sharing Google Docs, including one repeat customer. As long as you continue to arrange your jobs through Upwork with your customer (including new jobs with them), then sharing email or communicating off-platform isn't an issue.

It only becomes an issue if a client tries to take you off-platform for payment or to arrange a job without Upwork.

Thank you Jane for the response.

You're welcome! Smiley Happy

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members