🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Sharing my experience : Scammers
Page options
arturo73
Community Member

Sharing my experience : Scammers

Hi everybody

I am a upwork user since many years now, I am supposed to be top freelancer, but since I got scammed, that is supposed to lower my rating or something. 

So to make it short: I proposed a client 3 milestones. But he ignored my proposition and proposed me just one final payment. I said ok, wathever...

The clients activate the contract and pays me almost instantly, when I didnt even finished the first step.

If that happens to you contact upwork team and stop working inmmediately, it's a scam

Two or three weeks later I finally delivered the final project, twice, because the client let the wetransfer link expire.

One month later I learn that I got scammed and now I owe upwork 900 usd.

Lessons learned : If a client is in a rush for payment, just contact upwork team, it's a scam.
thanks for reading
Take care

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
slavkoa
Community Member

This is nice to know you can loan money from Upwork.
Are they taking interests?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
psigod
Community Member

Hi Arturo,

Why do you owe Upwork 900$? Did you refund that money?

Regards,

Daniel C
arturo73
Community Member

This is what happens.

1-clients open contract
2-Clients pays full contract
3-I feel embarrased, start working (not touching that money until delivery)
4-Upwork puts project on hold. Clients tell me to continue working since he already paid I decide to respect the hold
5-project unholds, I deliver the project
6-The client misses the first delivery (link expired) I re deliver, client confirms in chat he got the file. I get the payment
7-One month later upwork tells me the client bank claimed I didnt deliver.
8-Upwork asks me to re-deliver. There is something wrong with bank (who knows which bank)  didnt defend our case and that now my money from other projects is blocked until I refund 900usd to upwork

slavkoa
Community Member

This is nice to know you can loan money from Upwork.
Are they taking interests?

arturo73
Community Member

I like you
Yes the interest are paid with hours worked, same price as amount loaned 

Smiley LOL

JoanneP

Hi Arturo,

I checked your account, and I can see that our team is already assisting you regarding this issue. Please refer to your open ticket for more information. If you have any questions, please feel free to pos them on the ticket. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
arturo73
Community Member

Thanks Joanne

The team is taking care yes, I am sharing my story with the community since I use upworks since many years and this never happened to me, we must be very carefull.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members