🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Sharing personal info
Page options
laki944
Community Member

Sharing personal info

Hi,

I work as a mobile developer and many times I need to share with a client my email address,

cause he needs to create GitHub account or add me in some platforms where email is required.

Every time when I enter email in chat I get the warning message. 
Do I need to worry about account suspending or something like that?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kat303
Community Member

You can communicate any way you want (personal email, phone, skype, dropbox, google drive etc) Just make sure the hiring and payment goes through Upwork and is NOT done offsite.

Also, be careful on what personal information you give to a client. Personal information NOT to be given are bank account info, credit card numbers, PayPal info, passport or visa info, drivers license numbers, social security numbers and even mothers maiden name.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
emonuzzamanmd
Community Member

Fell free. That’s just a warning. You can share any details required by your task. But your contract must go through UpWrok.

kat303
Community Member

You can communicate any way you want (personal email, phone, skype, dropbox, google drive etc) Just make sure the hiring and payment goes through Upwork and is NOT done offsite.

Also, be careful on what personal information you give to a client. Personal information NOT to be given are bank account info, credit card numbers, PayPal info, passport or visa info, drivers license numbers, social security numbers and even mothers maiden name.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members