🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Sharing personal information
Page options
4c940796
Community Member

Sharing personal information

Recently a potential client contacted me for a job which I sent a proposal for, he asked me to share my personal information (name, age, city) via email, which I mistakenly did.

What are the possible bad scenarios that could happen based on that?

8 REPLIES 8
rajuahammedeee
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Immediately contact with UpWork customer support and from next before starting any contract don't share your contact information with clients. It's against UpWork TOS. Thanks!

- Raju

can you send me the mail of Upwork's customer support since i couldn't find it 

Thank you Nikola. I already Notified a moderator to help you out. You can cotact with them from the page also https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Just follow, Get Support> Drop your questions and send it to get touch with an agent.

- Raju

a second client texted me the exact same message right now copied word for word just different account

Here is the help article to report suspicious activities (Flag as Inappropriate right side of job post)

Report Suspicious User Activity – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

This is not a Customer Support issue. By flagging the job post, it goes straight to the right team.

Here are other ressources to help you stay safe.

List of red flags for scams - Upwork Community

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs - Upwork Community

Reporting it using the Flag as Inappropriate would be the best avenue in this case

Report Suspicious User Activity – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Thank you for this, but my question is can this sharing of information cause me any personal problems, not regarding my Upwork acc or violation of the terms but like real problems?

I can't know for sure. I just know not to provide personal details. Sorry I can't help you with what bad people can do.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members