cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing website url

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
21 of 31

Hi Jean and Nichola,

Yes, you can share your contact information as well as the link to your website in your cover letter now. Note however that providing contact information in job postings and freelancer profiles as well as suggesting to complete payments outside of Upwork are in violation of the Policies.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Tushant K Member Since: Mar 9, 2016
22 of 31

Hey Valeria .. i am having a very hard time with this issue . and contacting upwork support through live chat made it even more confusing for me.

Today i contacted live support to ask them if its owkay to include a behance link ( contains my visual media folio ) in the cover letter that i send to potential clients.

This is what i heard back, " Please be advised that it's not advisable to include the website link or portfolio link on the cover letter. " 

This is really messy.

I really cant develop a clear picture of this thing. Too much confusion surrounding this topic.

I dont want to learn this in a odd way where i get a mail telling me i was violating policies.

Could you comment on this ?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
23 of 31

Hi Tushant,

I see Avery replied to you on this thread with correct information. Our team will follow up with the agent to clarify this policy.

Thank you.

Roman K Member Since: Jan 23, 2019
24 of 31

Hi, Valeria! 

Can you, please, update the answers, since TOS could have changed for these years?

1) is it allowed to send our website url in cover letter when our team member comunicates with a potential client?

2) is it allowed to send our corporate email in a cover letter when our team member comunicates with a potential client?

3) can we post our website url in agency profile in section "agency overview"?

4) is it allowed to send our website url and/or email while we communicate with a potential customers via messages?

Thanks!

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
25 of 31

Hi Roman,

The only negative answer to your questions is on question number 3), supposing there is contact information on your website.

You can include links, emails and share your website in your proposals, cover letters or interview stage via messages, but please do review these tips in order to work safely on Upwork! 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
26 of 31

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Tamaz,

There were changes in our Policies a couple of months ago that allowed freelancers to provide their contact information when they apply. It is still not allowed to share contact details on freelancers' profiles.

Thank you!

Really, when? Why does oDesk view it as a poor use of time to inform its userbase about such important changes? I don't get it.

Community Guru
Tamaz J Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
27 of 31

Hi Valeria,

I did not know that. Was it announced somewhere?

Thank you for update.

Thanks

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
28 of 31
Not sure if it was announced anywhere, but it was discussed a couple times in the past month and a half in some Community threads.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
29 of 31

In the meantime, Jean's question has not been answered.

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
30 of 31
Strange thing, I actiually had to have a good laugh. I was busy searching for the thread with the answers I knew I saw somewhere, only to end up back here.

See posts
1. https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Sharing-website-url/m-p/83311/highlight/true#M36926

2 . https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Sharing-website-url/m-p/83373/highlight/true#M36929

So yes, you can share your website with a direct contact form. Valeria said it above.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS