🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » SharingPorfolio
Page options
984a038f
Community Member

SharingPorfolio

Good afternoon. I made my website porftolio, and I am now interested in the question, can I share it? Can I insert a link to my portfolio site if I send an proposal to a client? I've heard that i can't leave a link to my site in my profile, but does this also apply to proposals

6 REPLIES 6
7bb3a47b
Community Member

I dont think you can upload portifolio website to your potifolio 

Because through the website you may show your contact details to clients so you should make sure the website does not contains your contact details. 

If you show them to clients, you would violate against upwork TOS

Hopfully this would be helpful

Yes, but the rules also say this:

"Can I share my contact information in a portfolio?

If your portfolio contains a way to contact you outside of Upwork, it is still okay to share that portfolio with your clients. However, all communication must take place on Upwork and we recommend you let your clients know you can only be contacted through Upwork"

This means that I can send a link to my website with a portfolio in my proposals, but I must make a note for the client to communicate with me only on the Upwork and work with me through it?

Please, can someone from the service answer this question accurately, based on what was written above?

Hi Elizabeth,

That is correct! You can share your portfolio link with your potential clients. Just remember to keep all communications on Upwork before a contract is in place. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Does it means if I remove the contact info/details from my porfolio website, I can have it linked on my upwork portfolio?
So no contact page or info on my original portfolio website, but have it posted on my upwork account, thanks! 

Hi Goran,

Please note you are only allowed to include your external portfolio link in your proposals. For displaying your past work on your profile, you can use the Portfolio section.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members