cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheer wastage of Connects

Ace Contributor
Tabinda H Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1 of 47

The message system of Upwork is not working properly; they are not willing to restore the quota system of oDesk; they are not ready to probe the clients who compel the free-lancers to lose their connects;;;;;;;;;;;;; What is UPwork's logic behind all this mismanagement?

Will anybody give me a wise answer please?

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
2 of 47

To be fair, the quota system was hopeless; it let people bid on a basically unlimited number of jobs, which is why clients got swamped with rubbish proposals. If you're running short of connects you just need to be more selective with the jobs you bid on. I've used a total of 50 connects since May.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
3 of 47

Absolutely right Fergus. Even with the Connects System you see many applicants to individual jobs, so imagine what happens if they take that out. I think I'd leave Upwork if they stop the Connects System.

Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
4 of 47

I think the people that complain might be of the same mind as  the people that would be flooding clients with proposals.

Community Guru
5 of 47

I suspect you're right Smiley Happy

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
6 of 47

I can't use all the connects I have. That part actually works well.

Community Guru
7 of 47

Me neither. There just aren't enough writing jobs worth bidding on.

Ace Contributor
8 of 47

Mariska,  Would you please elaborate whatever you mean?

When a free-lancer applies for a job and the Client does not respond, aren't his/her connects wasted?

Community Guru
9 of 47

"When a free-lancer applies for a job and the Client does not respond, aren't his/her connects wasted?"

That depends on what you think a connect is. A connect is the price of submitting a proposal. It's not a guarantee that you'll get the job, an interview, a response or anything else.

Ace Contributor
10 of 47

Well Fergus,

You seem to be getting ample work , that's why you are saying that. Otherwise, I stick to my viewpoint that when one after another you don't receive any response, then your connects go wasted.

To me it appears that you and like minded folks have the same sort of opinion and none of you is willing to put yourselves into other persons shoes!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS