🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Shifting fields in the same profile
Page options
annakiyounes
Community Member

Shifting fields in the same profile

Hello,

I have been learning a shifting my career from "Motion Design" to "UX/UI design" little by little and honestly willing to focus more on this last from now on.

My question is: Should I keep my "motion designer" aspect on my profile for the credibility sake since it is the field I have the most experience on (hence credibility), or does it just create confusion ?

I would really appreciate you guys if you can give my profile a quick look and let me know what the first feel that jumps to your mind, really open to hear all your feedback no hard feeling, I just want to grow better.

Thank you for your time,
Younes.

4 REPLIES 4
filip_knezevic
Community Member

I would check your profile, but it's hidden.

I think you should keep your main skill for your main profile. When you become good enough with the new skill, maybe shift them and set the new skill as your main one. 

Anyway, both of the skills are very similar, so I don't think you will go wrong a lot.

And, of course, there is an option to keep skills under the same profile. I don't like these specialized profiles anyway and I think they make sense if you have two or three completely different professions that you can work. 

Thank you for getting back to me, my profile isn't private but set to Upwork users only, I wonder why it's not showing to you.

In other hand, I do agree that both fields are kind of best friends that's what kept me questionning. I have also liked the idea of changing the main skill little by little.

What made me do spezialed profile is just to make it easy on the client to review my profile with what he is looking for (what I applied for) but in terms of credibility I think it is a better idea to keep everything at one place hoping the client will think that I know what I am doing overall regardless of the field.

What are you thoughts ?

Still cannot see your profile.

With such similar professions, I would keep it under one profile. Accounts with one profile look better to me. But it's only me, I guess.

Hi Filip,

I have just switched my profile to fully public so you can see it for sure, please take at look at it at:
Upwork profile 

I start to highly consider keeping them both under one profile and work on a sweet combination between them for the copy, speaking of which, I will be very open to hear your feedback on it.

Thank you very much !

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths