cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should European Employers Seeking European Workers ONLY get their own TABS

Lisa D Member Since: Aug 19, 2010
1 of 3

Belgium wants translation only from others like North America. The capital of TRANSLATIONS is here. Canada lost a lot of work because of France and Belgium. Today, we are looking for work and so are they. Overpriced Overrated. Facts are the facts. Every book is translated by them. What are they doing here all of a sudden? Over priced of one time ago to reduced priced because they take it from here at a FRACTION of the price to resell at a lower rate in Europe. 

We, in turn, have to give out our Connects just to reply how much we charge per word. I would like to see a .05¢ per word in the general including storytellers and .10¢ in technical to whoever wants to take that translation - sometimes most of these TechGeeks are never happy with the word exchange. Patent it and then we won't have these problems. 

Medical Transcriber really, it was from written format at one time and not audio. Where does this come from? $1.00 a minute and translators need to know Medical Terminology or Law Terminology? Whatever for?

Resumés and C.V. who, in reality, wants that one. These who seek our backgrounds, do they want to hire us? Or just want to hire part of our time. We took some tests to become a member of Up Work.  Do these people know?

I don't know what's going on here and I do know that I cannot even replicate UpWork. It's too expensive.  Do something about it. And do it NOW.

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
2 of 3

Lisa - Freelancing is a business, Your business. And part of the many responsibilities you MUST have to be successful is to be a communicator, sales manager and negiator. There are freelancers on this site, worldwide. It's up to you to write proposals that reflect your skills and to convey what you can do for the clients. Upwork is not going to do anything. I also don't understand Upwork being too expensive. I would like to comment more, but it was very hard for me to understand what you were trying to say, but that's just me. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 3

@Kathy T wrote:

would like to comment more, but it was very hard for me to understand what you were trying to say, but that's just me. 

Nope, not just you Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS