🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Should I accept Client's offer?
Page options
kathy1010
Community Member

Should I accept Client's offer?

Hi, guys. Quick question. I just lost 3 points (100 to 97), Fine, I'm not complaining; I'll get them back, But I'd like to know what caused them so that I don't do whatever again.

For the past few weeks, all I've been doing is ebooks for very old clients. I'd swear on my children that there is no negative background review. I know these clients. I also have no open contracts. 

There is one new client (from July) who has given me many milestones and raved about my stuff. He wants a new project on Monday. I can't think why he would rate me badly behind the scenes, but it's all I can think of. Not sure I want to accept.

Do you guys have any other ideas why I dropped? (Again, not complaining, just trying to understand.) Thanks, all.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Hi, Virginia. I experienced a similar drop a while back, from 100 down to mid-90s. I ultimately figured out it was likely because a bunch of jobs fell out of my 24-month window and so a very large contract that had sub-par feedback suddenly weighed more. (That was my longest running, highest ticket client, who went on to hire me directly after our r'ship aged off the platform - go figure.) The next update cycle, it went back to 97. Of course, there may be other, private fb that's not great that I don't know about. I did not like being within five points of losing TR status. Now that it's back up, I try to do what we always tell newbies to do: focus on the work and let the JSS take care of itself.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
colettelewis
Community Member

Take the job if you like the client. I can't think what caused your JSS to drop, but it can only increase with a repeat client. What is important to you is what you earn. If the job is  worthwhile to you economically, go for it. 

My JSS dropped sharply from 100%  to 93%  -  it was up a bit last week,  I think (but I don't know), because of a repeat client and an ongoing hourly job.  I have given up worrrying about my JSS. If I can get some money from my gigs on Upwork so much the better. I am not going to be whipped into submission by something as absurd as a few stars either visible or invisible.  

Your drop could be to do with the new way our profiles are being presented.  I notice for some extraordinary reason, Upwork has downgraded the amount I have earned by at least $10k - and so it goes.

Take the job and get paid for it - that is what counts.   

Thanks a lot for the advice.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Hi, Virginia. I experienced a similar drop a while back, from 100 down to mid-90s. I ultimately figured out it was likely because a bunch of jobs fell out of my 24-month window and so a very large contract that had sub-par feedback suddenly weighed more. (That was my longest running, highest ticket client, who went on to hire me directly after our r'ship aged off the platform - go figure.) The next update cycle, it went back to 97. Of course, there may be other, private fb that's not great that I don't know about. I did not like being within five points of losing TR status. Now that it's back up, I try to do what we always tell newbies to do: focus on the work and let the JSS take care of itself.

Thanks. I guess there are all kinds of reasons. I will stop fretting.

Appreciate the input.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths