🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Should I apply in a job posting that contains...
Page options
arieee
Community Member

Should I apply in a job posting that contains contacts.

I run through a job post that was perfect for my skills, the client looks serious by the kind of job description and I could see that the client has joined UpWork only recently and in the job posting there is their email address.

I applied to this job and also informed the client that they should not share contacts on a job post as it is agianst UpWork regualtions.

Now I feel confused if this was the right  way to approach this situation? Please can you advise?

Should I withdraw my proposal?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Can you apply to job postings with contact information?
Yes.

Will you get into trouble?
No.

Should you have told the client to remove their contract info?
I don't know. I might not have done that. You aren't required to tell a client to do that.

But you were just trying to be helpful. I am sure the client understood that.

Should you withdraw your proposal?
No.

If I see a job posting with contact info, the I am likely to click on "Flag as inappropriate" and specify that the post has contact info. That way Upwork can reach out to the client and help them fix the problem. I don't need to apply to a job in order to do that.

Clients make mistakes, especially if they are new. Of course we don't want these clients to remove their job posts. We just want to help keep them safe. There are annoying freelancers who will try to contact clients directly if they see contract info. We don't want clients to be troubled by such people.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Can you apply to job postings with contact information?
Yes.

Will you get into trouble?
No.

Should you have told the client to remove their contract info?
I don't know. I might not have done that. You aren't required to tell a client to do that.

But you were just trying to be helpful. I am sure the client understood that.

Should you withdraw your proposal?
No.

If I see a job posting with contact info, the I am likely to click on "Flag as inappropriate" and specify that the post has contact info. That way Upwork can reach out to the client and help them fix the problem. I don't need to apply to a job in order to do that.

Clients make mistakes, especially if they are new. Of course we don't want these clients to remove their job posts. We just want to help keep them safe. There are annoying freelancers who will try to contact clients directly if they see contract info. We don't want clients to be troubled by such people.

Thank You Preston for your reply!

This is what I usually do, flag the post, but it looked to me a total inocent action.

lysis10
Community Member

You shouldn't do that because if someone else reports it you're getting blamed lol

arieee
Community Member

This is what went through my mind! So tricky! Smiley Frustrated

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members