cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I ask the client to verify his payment method ?

de_jacques
Ace Contributor
Jacques B Member Since: Jan 28, 2017
1 of 6

Hey 

I have received an invitation for an interview from a client and saw that his payment method is NOT verified. Now you good people have taught me NOT to do any work before that status changes. 

So is it 'ok' to ask the client to verify his payment method ? Is that usually done that way or what's the politically correct way of getting him to do it ? 

Thanks 

Jacques.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

I wouldn't do it yet. Go ahead and interview. Verification may be underway, and you don't know yet whether you'll be taking the job. If/when he makes you an offer and you want to accept, that's the time to raise the issue.

View solution in original post

ekiro
Eric R Member Since: Feb 11, 2017
3 of 6

Hi!

How can I know wether a potential client has a verified payment method or not? I got an offer but I can't see if he has a verified payment method or not. Also, he doesn't have a profile picture. Is this normal?

Thanks!

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
4 of 6

Clients don't need to have profiles or profile pictures.  

If I get an offer from a client whose payment isn't verified, I accept the offer but tell them at the same time that they need to have their payment verified before I can begin to work.

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
5 of 6

Also, if you go to the original job posting, you can see on the right if his payment is verified - there will be a green check mark.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 6

Hi Eric,

This information is not currently available in the offer itself in case it's not linked to a posted job. Note that you can contact Customer Support for a confirmation and also ask your client to possibly provide a link to one of their active or previous job posts, so you can check this information.

I can confirm this client has a verified payment method and you can proceed to discuss the contract terms before accepting the offer.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS