🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Should I be concerned
Page options
73daf36d
Community Member

Should I be concerned

Hey guys, 

I'm new'ish to Upwork so I may just need to continue to feel out the speed and flow of clientel, but I'm a little concerned about a job. 

I submitted a brief clip of voice over audition on 4/23 to a client who then said via a direct message to me that he was going to send me a contract on 4/28.  That day came and went so the next day on 4/29 I kindly asked him for a status update. I still haven't heard anything so I again followed up with him today (5/1). 

As of now, the job is listed in the 'active proposal' stage. 

I tried to do my research on the guy beforehand (see if he's spent any money in the past, hired any previous freelancers, did he have a social media presence) and everything checked out. 

Should I be concerned ? At what point should I report someone ?

Again, maybe I'm just being a bit over zealous as a newbie and need to give him more time, but it seems odd. 

Then I thought to myself : "I'll message one of the other people he's hired to see if they have been able to reach him" and I couldn't find a feature to message other freelancers. Perhaps that's an upgrade or something. 

Anyways, any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks ya'll.

Kyle Marler

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Kyle M wrote:

I submitted a brief clip of voice over audition on 4/23 to a client who then said via a direct message to me that he was going to send me a contract on 4/28.  That day came and went so the next day on 4/29 I kindly asked him for a status update. I still haven't heard anything so I again followed up with him today (5/1).  At what point should I report someone ?

I am unclear what you would be reporting the client for?

Clients interview several people and until you have a contract, nobody is bound to anything.

I forget all about clients who stop responding and assume they either found someone else or abandoned their project.

We report clients who violate the terms of service.

We can't report clients for not hiring us.

Kyle M wrote:

Then I thought to myself : "I'll message one of the other people he's hired to see if they have been able to reach him" and I couldn't find a feature to message other freelancers. Perhaps that's an upgrade or something. 

No, that's to protect everyone from overzealous people contacting them for no good reason.

Kyle M wrote:

Anyways, any advice would be appreciated. 

Yes. Step back relax and unless and until the client contacts you, forget all about it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members