🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Should I be getting my connects back if the j...
Page options
a6428715
Community Member

Should I be getting my connects back if the job I applied for has been closed or expired?

Hi, 

Recently I have been noticing that the clients who have more than 90% hire rate have been neglecting the jobs they have posted and don't even bother interviewing the freelancers. I feel like they only search for ideas to the solution to their problem in the proposals submitted and discard the job posted without even interviewing one single freelancer. 

And I happened to apply for a number of such jobs. I feel so stupid 😞

However, I keep getting notifications that the jobs have been closed or expired but I don't get any connects back for some of them.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Nilima N wrote:

However, I keep getting notifications that the jobs have been closed or expired but I don't get any connects back for some of them.

You get connects back if the client proactively closed the job post,

You don't get them back if the job post expires due to inactivity.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Nilima N wrote:

You get connects back if the client proactively closed the job post,

You don't get them back if the job post expires due to inactivity.

a6428715
Community Member

Oh, okay. 

It's just so sad that Upwork is so neglective towards this matter. It's not really the freelancers' fault that the client is inactive.

I really hope Upwork does something to encourage the clients to be more responsible for the jobs they have posted.

Thank you for your fast response though. I really appreciate it. 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members