🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Should I close my account and sign up for a n...
Page options
irfan0429
Community Member

Should I close my account and sign up for a new one?

I have been using a Freelancer account for approx. 2 years. During my tenure, I worked on 15+ successful completed projects, some were cancelled and right now I have 89% JSS. Unfortunately, I faced an account hold as well but a few months ago. Then later I had been using my account for 3 months off and on but now I'm active on regular basis. 

Basically, I want to become a Top-Rated Freelancer and now Is it possible to become Top-Rated with my current account's situation (i.e. 1  account hold but 3+ months ago, since 2 of years using this account) if I achieve 90% JSS with 1000$ earnings from now on or do I need to close this account and sign up for a new one? 

I'd be thankful for your suggestions and motivations.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Irfan,

You can check the requirements to become a Top-Rated freelancer here. I'd like to clarify that one of the requirements is not having any account holds recently. To check if the hold you're referring to counts as recent, you can check the My Stats page. 

Otherwise, as long as you meet all of the requirements you should get the Top Rated badge!

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
roberty1y
Community Member

Not sure about how to boost your JSS, but closing your account is out of the question. You're only allowed one registration and you have to stick with it.

Okay, I understand. You're right I need to continue with my same account. But is still possible for me to become Top-Rated or have I to keep using my account without any top-rated achievement if I achieve 90% JSS and 1000$ earnings until my last breath? lol

Hi Irfan,

You can check the requirements to become a Top-Rated freelancer here. I'd like to clarify that one of the requirements is not having any account holds recently. To check if the hold you're referring to counts as recent, you can check the My Stats page. 

Otherwise, as long as you meet all of the requirements you should get the Top Rated badge!

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

This is exactly what I was looking for to get to know. Thank you!

wescowley
Community Member

Upwork's rules do not allow you to close your account and start a new one. You need to continue from where you are.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members