🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Should I close my old open contracts?
Page options
kire_t
Community Member

Should I close my old open contracts?

Hi everyone,

I have 13 open contracts currently -- 9 of them are old but were completed & 3 of them are open and active. Only one that I haven't been paid for but that client is active still on Upwork so I could bear to leave that one open.

I have a 92% right now, so I'm concerned as to whether or not I should close the old open ones. I don't know how it affects my JSS if I mark the projects as closed and successfully completed but the clients end up not ever marking them as completed and end up leaving no feedback. What do you all think?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

You could contact those clients you believe were definitely happy and ask them (once only) if they would mind closing the contract if there is no more work for the time being. When they do, you automatically get feedback.

If you don't hear back, start closing them yourself. Contracts without feedback have NO effect on your metrics at all, but don't close all 9 at once, it just doesn't look nice when there is a big wall of "No feedback" contracts on your profile. Close one, wait until one or two contracts close with feedback, close the next one and so on.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gajjarvishal86
Community Member

Hello Kire,

Yes, you. should definitely close the account. It will help you add that rating in the overall JSS calcuation. Moreover, customers can also see that you are not currently busy with many other projects. Open projects misguide them by indicating that you are currently busy.

Vishal G wrote:

Yes, you. should definitely close the account.

Presumably, you mean "contracts"...

It will help you add that rating in the overall JSS calcuation.

No, it will not. Contracts that are closed without feedback have no effect on anything whatsoever at all.

petra_r
Community Member

You could contact those clients you believe were definitely happy and ask them (once only) if they would mind closing the contract if there is no more work for the time being. When they do, you automatically get feedback.

If you don't hear back, start closing them yourself. Contracts without feedback have NO effect on your metrics at all, but don't close all 9 at once, it just doesn't look nice when there is a big wall of "No feedback" contracts on your profile. Close one, wait until one or two contracts close with feedback, close the next one and so on.

kire_t
Community Member

Thanks a ton! Will do!

Petra's replies are always too good. keep it up.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths