🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Should I end the contract on my own if th...
Page options
mdjehadhossain
Community Member

Should I end the contract on my own if the client doesn't end the contract after the Job is done?

My Profile has 10 jobs in progress, but in actuality, there is only 4 job is under process which is weekly separated.
There are some past Jobs which is been done months ago. But, The clients leaves without ending the contract or leaving feedback.
My job success was 97 percent, I noticed my job score falling without failing a project.
All clients are satisfied and never had a bad report, I am worried about my Job score now.
Should I End the previous contracts own my own and leave feedback for the clients?
cause I really think that my score is getting down for holding past contracts without any more earning from them.
I am seeking for help from experts in the Upwork Community.
Thanks,
Jehad

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

MD Jehad H wrote:

cause I really think that my score is getting down for holding past contracts without any more earning from them.

Nope, those contracts are not hurting you, provided money was paid under them, as you don't have too many of them, but it would be a good idea to end some of them, one by one (not all at once) - starting with the oldest.

Close one, wait until you had a few with feedback, close another and so on.

You could send the clients one last message (one only) to ask them if they would be so kind to close the contract if they have nothing further for you as it has been a while. If there is no resonse, close them.

What hurts your JSS in almost only feedback (public, but mostly private) and contracts with no earnings (ever) - such "no earnings" contracts hurt your JSS if they are open for months, or if they are closed with no or poor (private) feedback.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

MD Jehad H wrote:

Nope, those contracts are not hurting you, provided money was paid under them, as you don't have too many of them, but it would be a good idea to end some of them, one by one (not all at once) - starting with the oldest.

Close one, wait until you had a few with feedback, close another and so on.

You could send the clients one last message (one only) to ask them if they would be so kind to close the contract if they have nothing further for you as it has been a while. If there is no resonse, close them.

What hurts your JSS in almost only feedback (public, but mostly private) and contracts with no earnings (ever) - such "no earnings" contracts hurt your JSS if they are open for months, or if they are closed with no or poor (private) feedback.

Thanks for the Clearance.
but I'm still confused about one thing, does it hurt my JSS when I'm in privet and not public mode?

Having your profile set to public or private has nothing at all to do with your JSS 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths