🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Should I file a dispute or simply refund clie...
Page options
creative93
Community Member

Should I file a dispute or simply refund clients amount?

Hi, One of my clients, posted a job and hired me but never provided me the details and went away now the job has been cancelled, should i refund the money or file a dispute and claim money?

7 REPLIES 7
creative93
Community Member

Hi, One of my clients, posted a job and hired me but never provided me the details and went away now the job has been cancelled, should i refund the money or file a dispute and claim money?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Syed,

If you have finished the project, please submit the work on the contract/milestone-submission page so that the client has 14-days to review the submitted work. If the client doesn't get back to you with request for revision, the payment in escrow will go to your account. If there was no job done, you may close the contract, and refund the money in escrow.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery O, thank you for responding me, as i have already mentioned that she had never provided me the details, so i did not work on that. But I am curios if t can affect my rating points, i refund?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Syed,

Refunds themselves don't have an effect on a Job Success Score. If no money has been paid on a contract, no public feedback will show on the Work History. 

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

@Avery O wrote:
Hi Syed, Refunds themselves don't have an effect on a Job Success Score. If no money has been paid on a contract, no public feedback will show on the your'Work History. 

No, Refunds in themselves do NOT have any effect on the JSS.

HOWEVER -  "nothing paid AND no feedback" contracts do.

This **WILL** create such a "No feedback AND Nothing paid" contract.

See here

no feedback no earnings.jpg

Syed, you did no work, so you can't in all fairness request the funds. Refund the money and keep an eye on your JSS. *IF* it ends up affecting your JSS, use your top rated perk and have the contract excluded from the JSS calculation.

remco89
Community Member

Have you done any work? 

Hi Remco, No she was my previous client and she hired me and told that she will tell te details and just got vanished, hope she is still alive.

So the answer is no i did not do work!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths