🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Should I include diverse skills on my profile...
Page options
cristinogomez
Community Member

Should I include diverse skills on my profile or keep it more specific?

Hello! I hope somebody can help me solve this doubt.

I am wondering whether I should share my full professional profle to Upwork o not. I know about the specialized profiles (and I actually use them) but they are limited to a maximum of two and have to be selected from a predetermined list. So, I decided to be very specific and only include the skills related to the main services I am offering through Upwork. However, that decision made me exclude important skills linked to my main academic education areas in order to keep focused, although they coud add up in some cases (I use to emphasize my education in job proposals where it is relevant). Do you think I am doing right this way or have any different approach?

Thanks for your time, tips and opinions.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
roberty1y
Community Member

You can include as many skills and qualifications as you want, but it's best to limit them to what's relevant to the services you provide. Cluttering up your profile with unnecessary information is bad. 

It's also worth bearing in mind that your specialized profile will only show the client the jobs you've done relating to that particular skill or service. Only the general profile gives your full job history.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
roberty1y
Community Member

You can include as many skills and qualifications as you want, but it's best to limit them to what's relevant to the services you provide. Cluttering up your profile with unnecessary information is bad. 

It's also worth bearing in mind that your specialized profile will only show the client the jobs you've done relating to that particular skill or service. Only the general profile gives your full job history.

Thank you for this advice! It reinforces the importance of only keeping the profile information that is necessary and relevant for the services being provided.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members