🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Should I put out of office status?
Page options
usmanwdeveloper
Community Member

Should I put out of office status?

Hello upwork fam!

Hope you are safe and sound.

I have been Top Rated since July and I want to maintain it. Unfortunately, I can't work for at-least 3 months from now. For that we have OUT OF OFFICE status. But I have one client which will be getting continues support and maintaince in this period of time as well. So I just want to ask that I don't want to work on new projects, but just bug fixes of 1 client, so should I put out of office status? I might have many fixes in a week or may be nothing at all in 3 months from that client.

Kindly guide me on this, so that it doesn't affect my Top Rated Status or JSS.

Thanks 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that Private (Out of Office) status will not directly affect your Job Success Score or Top Rated Status. You can find more information about setting your profile visibility on this page

However, please know that the Upwork system takes snapshots of your three-, six-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. We use these to determine the score that appears on your profile.  Sometimes, new contracts are added. Other times, old activity is aged out.

For example, a contract will no longer count in your six-month JSS window once it is six months and one day old. You can find more information about what can affect your JSS here

Regarding the Top-Rated status.  Please know that to become and keep Top Rated status, you must meet all of the following qualifications listed here

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that Private (Out of Office) status will not directly affect your Job Success Score or Top Rated Status. You can find more information about setting your profile visibility on this page

However, please know that the Upwork system takes snapshots of your three-, six-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. We use these to determine the score that appears on your profile.  Sometimes, new contracts are added. Other times, old activity is aged out.

For example, a contract will no longer count in your six-month JSS window once it is six months and one day old. You can find more information about what can affect your JSS here

Regarding the Top-Rated status.  Please know that to become and keep Top Rated status, you must meet all of the following qualifications listed here

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members