🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Should I report the client after ending the c...
Page options
elizakz
Community Member

Should I report the client after ending the contract?

Hi,

Today just wrapped up work with a client that has not been great to say the least. Before the project started she asked my advice on a possible task and I gave her my advice which she did not go with. Needless to say she hated a small part of the large project i did for her. I had sent over the work to a fellow freelancer for feedback which they were shocked the client had an issue with the work I did. The rest of the project went as smoothly as it could until today..... We wrapped up the project and hours later she sends me a message saying that I better not charge her for the labor time for the work she didn't like. The project is hourly which makes me less stressed but can I report her after finishing the project? And if so how? It's so insulting that a client asks for free labor and I would hate to see another freelancer go through that. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

You are asking if you can report this client after the contract has ended?

I can not think of any way that reporting this client could hurt you.

On the other hand, it probably won't help you, either.

You said that you want to report the client out of concern for other freelancers.

Note that you are not obligated this client.

But you MAY do so.

From what I read in your description of events, the client clearly DID ask you to work for free. That is a violation of Upwork ToS. Clients are not allowed to ask freelancers to work for free.

This IS a reportable offense.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

You are asking if you can report this client after the contract has ended?

I can not think of any way that reporting this client could hurt you.

On the other hand, it probably won't help you, either.

You said that you want to report the client out of concern for other freelancers.

Note that you are not obligated this client.

But you MAY do so.

From what I read in your description of events, the client clearly DID ask you to work for free. That is a violation of Upwork ToS. Clients are not allowed to ask freelancers to work for free.

This IS a reportable offense.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members