🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Should I report?
Page options
b69a582f
Community Member

Should I report?

I'm not really sure if this is "worthy" or reporting, or if I should just block the person? 

I was asked to do a short editing test, for the Chicago Manual of Style for novels. Not a biggie. I do samples all the time, paid and not. However, I was sent a sales page, pulled from Dave Chesson, the popular "Kindlepreneur" put up in 2016. It was HIS sales page for HIS business that 1. Isn't a novel and 2. Is someone else's work. 

I'm not sure why this person is going around trying to have people do tests on that... which makes me wonder if they are trying to push off someone else's lesser known stories as their own to publish. 

I have no intention of communicating further after my message to the person, if they can't be honest up front, it's not going to be a good relationship.

Just leave it and block, or should this be taken more seriously? 

*Edit* I decided to just block the user. I don't want to risk anything by helping with possibly plagurized novels, if they send out someone else's writing for a "test."

1 REPLY 1
a_lipsey
Community Member

Sarah L wrote:

I'm not really sure if this is "worthy" or reporting, or if I should just block the person? 

I was asked to do a short editing test, for the Chicago Manual of Style for novels. Not a biggie. I do samples all the time, paid and not. However, I was sent a sales page, pulled from Dave Chesson, the popular "Kindlepreneur" put up in 2016. It was HIS sales page for HIS business that 1. Isn't a novel and 2. Is someone else's work. 

I'm not sure why this person is going around trying to have people do tests on that... which makes me wonder if they are trying to push off someone else's lesser known stories as their own to publish. 

I have no intention of communicating further after my message to the person, if they can't be honest up front, it's not going to be a good relationship.

Just leave it and block, or should this be taken more seriously? 

*Edit* I decided to just block the user. I don't want to risk anything by helping with possibly plagurized novels, if they send out someone else's writing for a "test."

Seems like the right call. I'm not sure there was something actually reportable there, but good enough just to block them and get them out of your existence. 🙂 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members