🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Should I submit work for payment?
Page options
brunapinheiro89
Community Member

Should I submit work for payment?

Hi guys
I finished a job and delivered it to the client since Friday, but he gave me no sign of life! The job is fixed price and I would like to know if I can just submit the job as I gave it to him, even though he didn't answer me.
5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Bruna S wrote:
Hi guys
I finished a job and delivered it to the client since Friday, but he gave me no sign of life! The job is fixed price and I would like to know if I can just submit the job as I gave it to him, even though he didn't answer me.

The "submit work for payment" function is how you submit work for payment. That's the whole point of the function.

Also, not everyone works at the weekend. 2 days are nothing.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Bruna, when I finish a fixed-price task, I rarely send a separate message to the client.

I usually ONLY use the Submit button. That notifies the client. That button has a space where I can write a note.

And I never ask the client to approve work before submitting. The submit button literally does that.

r2streu
Community Member

Because I was submitting several parts on some jobs, I got into the bad habit (and yes, it's a bad habit) of submitting for payment after delivery.

In general, this is not a great idea. As the previous commenters suggested, what you need to be doing is going into the contract page and submitting your with through the submit button.

However, since you didn't do that this time (it happens) go ahead and hit the button now. When I do, I usually just make a comment like "thanks" or "let me know if you need anything else."

Thanks for all the suggestion. I submitted the work but I had no reply from the client. What should I do? Will I receive the payment?

Bruna S wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestion. I submitted the work but I had no reply from the client. What should I do? Will I receive the payment?

If the client never reacts, the funds in escrow are released 14 days after you clicked on "Submit for payment"

Do NOT click it again, as that restarts the 14 day countdown.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members