🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Should I worry about a canceled contract?
Page options
jesschild
Community Member

Should I worry about a canceled contract?

Hi, guys!

I don't have my JSS yet, but I realized something that made me a bit nervous. My first contract was for $5 an article, and the contract was suspended. It just felt iffy when it was suspended over only $5. The client kept pushing me to work and blaming it on Upwork. I told them I would continue as soon as the contract was resumed. The client seemed pretty peeved and ended the contract then cut contact.

I didn't think about it for a long time since the circumstances meant no public feedback prompt.

Should I worry about any private feedback from that interaction once my JSS gets calculated? Is there anything I can do if it does end up being an issue? I just want to do a good job, and I know I made a mistake taking that contract. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

If Upwork suspended the contract that means they suspended the client and contracts with suspended clients are excluded from your metrics, so don't worry about it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

If Upwork suspended the contract that means they suspended the client and contracts with suspended clients are excluded from your metrics, so don't worry about it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! That's a huge weight off my chest! Now I know that if I have a poor JSS, it's because I really did something wrong Robot Frustrated

But "...ended the contract then cut contact" is a different story.

What do you mean a different story?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths