cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Should I worry about a canceled contract?

Jessica C Member Since: May 6, 2019
1 of 5

Hi, guys!

I don't have my JSS yet, but I realized something that made me a bit nervous. My first contract was for $5 an article, and the contract was suspended. It just felt iffy when it was suspended over only $5. The client kept pushing me to work and blaming it on Upwork. I told them I would continue as soon as the contract was resumed. The client seemed pretty peeved and ended the contract then cut contact.

I didn't think about it for a long time since the circumstances meant no public feedback prompt.

Should I worry about any private feedback from that interaction once my JSS gets calculated? Is there anything I can do if it does end up being an issue? I just want to do a good job, and I know I made a mistake taking that contract. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

If Upwork suspended the contract that means they suspended the client and contracts with suspended clients are excluded from your metrics, so don't worry about it.

3 of 5

Thank you, thank you, thank you! That's a huge weight off my chest! Now I know that if I have a poor JSS, it's because I really did something wrong Robot Frustrated

Highlighted
Dawid F Member Since: Dec 26, 2018
4 of 5

But "...ended the contract then cut contact" is a different story.

5 of 5

What do you mean a different story?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS