🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Should Upwork limit minimum paying job po...
Page options
lemecptlx
Community Member

Should Upwork limit minimum paying job posts

Hi,

It as become quite clear to me that in the last weeks a very dramatic change has ocorred in the budgets proposed in the job posts of my area of expertize, Voice Over.

The situation came to an almost ridiculous level in which on a daily base i only get thru my saved searches jobs with 4, 5, 6 or 12 $ as a new standard for job posts in Voice Over.

The question is should Upwork establish a minimum and contribute in a healthy way to the proper leveling of an economical activity in such way that they would encourage and "enforce" a reasonable bar ?

Your thoughts ?

1 REPLY 1
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Short answer: No.

Long answer:

It would be futile and inappropriate to try to artificially set 'a reasonable bar' on a global platform where people are engaged in so many different types of work. Clients are going to pay as little as they can to get the level of quality they require. Clients who seek the lowest prices regardless of quality are not the ones you want, and the FLs pursuing those projects are not your competition. In my experience, things ebb and flow here (and in freelancing in general). It occasionally seems that I'll never see another reasonable opportunity here, the budgets are laughable. Then things pick up again. 

Also, I always check the 'jobs similar to this one' (or whatever it's called) at the bottom of a job post because I sometimes see great projects that have not come up in my search. It's not clear to me why they don't appear when I search but it's been a fact of UW as long as I've used it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths