cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should Upwork post Average Hourly Rate on Job Ad?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
James H Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
1 of 4

I wonder if people agree with me that it would be a good idea to do this. I feel it would be beneficial for all parties.

Until now, I was skeptical about complaints of $1 per hour clients. When I clicked through on a job in my job feed a few moments ago - wow, stunned!

$1.29/hr Avg Hourly Rate Paid
            9,583 Hours

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 4

That's really a meaningless statistic, because there's no way to account for fixed price jobs and you don't know what type of work is being completed. If you're a programmer and look at that little box and see that a company has paid for 500 hours of work at an average of $6.25/hour, you might immediately dismiss the job--but, those may have been data entry hours that were actually compensated at above the average Upwork rate for that task.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
3 of 4

This is a long time client.  Now there is a $3.00 per hour minimum.  So this client's average is added in when there was no minimum.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria Marilyn M Member Since: Oct 27, 2010
4 of 4

@James H wrote:

I wonder if people agree with me that it would be a good idea to do this. I feel it would be beneficial for all parties.

Until now, I was skeptical about complaints of $1 per hour clients. When I clicked through on a job in my job feed a few moments ago - wow, stunned!

$1.29/hr Avg Hourly Rate Paid
            9,583 Hours

That should be great for clients which pay hourly. This way, freelancers won't have to check their history and how much they paid freelancers for older contracts.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS