🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Show Completed Number of Milestones on Pr...
Page options
jared_k
Community Member

Show Completed Number of Milestones on Profile?

Upwork staff, do you guys ever plan on adding completed milestones to our profiles? A lot of freelancers do more fixed price than hourly jobs so it would be a more accurate indicator of job success for any potential clients looking. I seem to remember Elance had that feature on our profiles, but I might be wrong.

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Jared, are you suggesting that profiles display a NUMBER of milestones?

Upwork is not going to to do that. Because milestones don't actually mean anything.

Hours are displayed because they mean something: sixty minutes of time worked on a contract, and money billed at an hourly rate.

A milestone has no inherent meaning.

Maybe one milestone was set up to edit a book. Or maybe editing each chapter was set up as individual milestones, each with much smaller payments. Or maybe a milestone for each five pages. Or each five hundred pages.

I guess I wasn't clear. I was asking why they don't show the number of completed milestones. A milestone has inherent meaning if it equals a payment, right? 

petra_r
Community Member

Jared K wrote:

I guess I wasn't clear. I was asking why they don't show the number of completed milestones. A milestone has inherent meaning if it equals a payment, right? 

Profiles already show number of jobs and money earned. There is no need to show numer of milestones, which are pretty irrelevant, as Preston pointed out.

Some people chop jobs up in myny tiny milestones, others do theirs on a per project basis.

I do anything under $ 1500 - $ 2000 as one milestone, others might chop that up into 15 to 20 milestones.

The number of milestones is irrelevant and certainly not needed on peoples' profiles.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths