🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Show warning on attachment file button if con...
Page options
kinector
Community Member

Show warning on attachment file button if contract not started

Many new freelancers seem to get so excited about the first project that they forget to get the contract started before submitting the work. (Then, typically, they come to these community pages to ask "what should I do, please help me, the client stole my work"!)

Therefore, I'd have a tiny feature request: Every time you press the file attachment button on the Messages page, you would get a small reminder if the contract is not started yet.

This is all that is needed. No artificial limitations, just a simple reminder popup text, like when you type an email address or phone number, the system shows "Taking your conversations outside of Upwork?"

This way we would still have the option to send over files required for getting the contract started, e.g. PDF portfolio requested by the client, and there would be clarity on what the status of the project is in terms of getting paid for results.

Also, it would save time for Community Gurus from replying to the same question every day. 😉

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Thanks for this suggestion, Mikko. I'll share this with the rest of the team for consideration. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths