🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Why I won't get Testimonals in my profile
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355
JoanneP

Hi Wilson,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We'll be sure to pass it on to our product team. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I got the testimonial from the client. It is still in under review. How much time it will take to show it on profile.

Hi Raghav,

While we are excited to share that the feature is proving to be very popular unfortunately we've received so many requests that it's taking us a while to review each one. As a result, please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature. Thanks!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Sir, my client has no ln. account, how can I send request a testimonial to him?

Hi Bilal,

Were you referring to LinkedIn profile? If so, please note that they need to have a LinkedIn profile. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Why do they need a Linkedin profile? I've done a lot of work for people that aren't connected to Linkedin. It's hard enough asking people to take time to write a review in the first place. Asking them to create a Linkedin profile just to do so is a whole other level of annoying. Is there no way around this?

Hi Amanda,

You can still use your profile overview or portfolio section to include endorsements and testimonials from people you worked with outside of Upwork. Make sure not to share any private or contact information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

How do I use my profile overview or portfolio section to include testimonials?  Would I simply be copying/pasting clients' reviews?  
How does UpWork verify that a testimonial I include is legitimate?  

What should a client include in a testimonial besides a great review of my work?  Type of project?  Industry?  Anything else?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Robin,

You can request testimonials from past clients by going to your profile and clicking on the option to request a testimonial. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I apologize if there is confusion. My question above asks about adding
testimonials to my profile overview or portfolio section, as my past
clients don’t have a LinkedIn profile. Please also see the additional
questions below my original questions.

Thank you.

Hi Robin,

You may add the reviews you received in your overview section. You may also copy and paste the reviews in your overview section. The review can include information about the project that was done, but please make sure that no contact information is included.

~ Joanne
Upwork

New to upwork! I asked for a testimonial from the main client I've been working for, for the past 4 years. I tried to do it with them twice and it didnt work

Their testimonial got instantly rejected! I'm at a loss of what to do.

Their testimonial would be the main work I've done and I'd appreciate if someone could help me get it approved 🙂 

Hi Amanda, to ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information.

~Andrea
Upwork

How could I get my testimonial on there? Is there any other verification messages?

This is the main client I worked with. I would really want to get their review up.

So the testimony Request is all there is? There is no way to input testimonies I have received in the past?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steven,

We know many freelancers have worked with clients outside of Upwork and we want to give them an opportunity to showcase that on Upwork by getting testimonials from these clients. You can send requests to clients you've worked with in past. 

You can also use your profile overview or portfolio section to include endorsements and testimonials from people you worked with outside of Upwork. Make sure not to share any private or contact information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

great

I want to ask the same thing. Please anyone answer

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raafia,

The review of your request can last up to 10 business days. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Here same brother!!
I want to know how many time take upwork for view testimonial on my profile?????
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your sentiment about the feature we're testing, Wilson! As part of the test, some freelancers will see the option to share great feedback they receive on contracts they complete on their LinkedIn network. This option will appear on some contracts on which feedback is yet to be submitted and isn't available for older reviews you've received. 

As Joanne confirmed, we'll share your feedback and suggestion with our Product team. I also merged your post with the main thread where this test is being discussed.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks for listening. I have seen the option to share feedback on LinkedIn, nice but I don't mind about it.

Again, I think the best way is to allow us feature feedback we have or will receive on our profile.... Or maybe you I don't understand well your purpose with this new feature.

Best,
Wilson

Thanks for the follow-up, Wilson. It appears you're referring to a different feature we're testing, which gives freelancers on Upwork an option to ask past, off-Upwork clients for testimonials, which will be displayed on their profile?

If that's the case, we know many freelancers are seasoned professionals with clients outside of Upwork. This feature is meant to allow those experiences to be reflected on their profile in the form of a testimonial, after being verified on our end.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Upwork Testimonial is not showing on my profile it shows the following

(Client name } testimonial has been submitted and is pending Upwork approval.

Hi Ronak,

Thanks for your question. It will take around 36 hours for the testimonial to be verified and then it should show on your profile.

~ Valeria
Upwork

oh, I see, thanks for this information but problem is that testimonial not appear. you can check on my profile as well. till yesterday it says pending for approval and now it's not there so what happened dod you know?

My client fills Testimonials 10 days back till tomorrow its show pending for approval and now it's not there so what happens?

Hi Ronak, 

I'll go ahead and look into this with the team, and our team will come back here once we have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Ronak,

I've just sent you a private message with more information, please take a look and feel free to respond to my private message. Thanks.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Does anyone know how long it takes Upwork to approve a client testimonial? It seems like mine have been pending for quite a while now.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It takes up to 36 hours to verify a testimonial from the time it's submitted. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

it is almost 7 days 
and still
<p>testimonial has been submitted and is pending Upwork approval</p>
Still i got this can you please check

Hi Ronak,

Thanks for reaching out about our new testimonial feature, which is currently being tested with select freelancers like you. While we are excited to share that the feature is proving to be very popular, unfortunately, we've received so many requests that it's taking us a while to review each one. As a result, please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature.

Thank you.
~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Respected Team,

Why i won't get testimonal on my profile is there any issue with my profile kindly check

You have to request a testimonial from a prior Upwork client. As you have no work history on the platform, there is no one for you to request a testimonial from.

Also flagging for moderator review, as the name you are posting under does not match the name in the screenshot of "your" profile.

Edited: - there may have been a bit of a misunderstanding

Yes this is not my profile i just get it from internet where  someone profile having this testimonal so that's why i ask you for that why i am not get this i hope now you clearly understood my mean on it .

Amir A wrote:

someone profile having this testimonal so that's why i ask you for that why i am not get this

Because you haven't HAD any previous clients on Upwork.... so you can't ask them for testimonials

Hi Amir,

Correct, we are testing a feature that will allow freelancers to display verified testimonials from their off-Upwork clients on their Upwork profiles. Since it's a test, it's not currently available to all freelancers, however, please stay tuned for future updates.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths