🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Testimonial
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355

Hi Roland,

Unfortunately, due to the high number of testimonials we receive, we cannot expedite your request. While the quoted review time is within 10 days, please know in most cases we complete our review within 5 days. We truly appreciate your patience through this process! Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there.

Sorry, but can you clarify? Do you mean that my testimonial will not be approved at all, or that it may not be approved for 10 days?

Hi Roland,

It can take up to 10 days for the review on your testimonial to be completed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

OK, great - thanks Goran. That's what I wanted to know.

d72c0f59
Community Member

My client can't seem to find the link that has been sent to his LinkedIn account regarding non-upwork client testimonials.

Where can he find it? How long would it take for my client to receive the link?

Please help.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivy,

Your client should receive the email with the request you sent to them. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further asssitnce.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
cc91328a
Community Member

I have requested a testimonial to my previous client which is outside upwork but he has not received any request for testimonial. On my account it shows awaiting for feedback.

Hi Hemashree,

Updated to correct information:

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have resent a new testimonial request to your client. Could you please check if they have received the email now? Please let us know if you need our further assistance. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
cc91328a
Community Member

There was a mistake from my side the EMAIL ID was wrong.
So what should I do now. Should I request a new testimonial or do you
suggest something else?

Thank you
Hemashree

Hi Hemashree,

Thanks for letting us know this. I've notified the team and one of our agents will be reaching out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets here.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cc91328a
Community Member

I have one more question
Yesterday I have added my certification which was from UDEMY. Still it's
not displaying on my profile.
How much time will it take to display my certification?
Or there is some other problem because UDEMY was not on the list of
certification.

Thank you
Hemashree **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Hemashree,

Please note that only certifications listed in this help article can be added and validated. You can suggest a certification that's not on the list and the team reviews suggestions and updates the list based on the demand from time to time. However, we won't be able to provide information for when your suggestion will be added.

~ Nikola
Upwork
sak9279
Community Member

Hey. So I created an account with Upwork recently, I have to say this is an amazing platform! But I'm facing a few issues currently. The thing is I've worked for 3 years and after each job, I take a testomonial from my clients in a one page document. I would love to upload these directly on upwork in pdf or jpg format for potential clients to view as I do not want to have to trouble my clients by emailing them again requesting them to put up a testimonial. Is there any way this can be done?

Hi Sakshi,

You can add these testimonials to your job overview section, or take a screenshot and upload the image as one of your portfolio items. This way, clients who view your profile can see the testimonials that your previous clients have shared about you. Let us know if you need any assistance. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,
can't see on my profile Testimonial, Can you tell me? Why this see is not happening
I will be waiting for your reply
Thanks!!

Hi Muhammad Shoiab,

I would just like to clarify, did you request a testimonial from your client and it is not showing in your profile? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
flower62
Community Member

Hello
I have the same problem i did a request testimonial from my client outside of upwork and it is not approved ..
could you tell me where is the problem?

Hi Zah,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Joanne
Upwork
flower62
Community Member

Okey thank you but The contact i worked with doesn’t have upwork account
a632bbde
Community Member

Isn't there a way to give more evidence of contact details and get the testimonial approved or re request it?

Hi Ali Raza,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Alexander.

Will be waiting for the reply.

Ali

Hi,
I do not see Testimonial, My profile no options for Testimonial.

Thanks!!

Hi,
I will be waiting for your reply.
Thanks!!!

Hi Muhammad,

The testimonial feature is not rolled out to all freelancers. Only freelancers who are part of the test (can see the feature on their end) can add testimonials to their profiles. Once the feature is expanded you will be able to view it on your profile as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm new here. The first testimonial I requested got rejected. I entered the information correctly. I would like to know why it wasn't approved before I make another request to a new client.

Hi Yusuf,

Thanks for your question. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Goran
Upwork

This was the same mail I got.
I entered valid information about the client.
Could you be more specific where the information isn't entered correctly
1ed22ab4
Community Member

Hello Team Upwork,

This is my first time registration for drafting / writing and proofreading to work as Freelancer.
Is it mandatory to upload 'Testimonials' ?

Although I am confident of my skill but have not executed a project earlier.
How do I get an approval of my 'Profile'..?

Best,
LA

Hi La,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you`re ready. Regarding the testimonials, this is not a mandatory feature. if you don't want to upload any testimonials, you can skip this profile section. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
anniemjohnson
Community Member

I made a testimonial request to an client from outside of Upwork, as I am new to the platform and have none from upwork clients.  I filled out every field, including linkedin profile, and it appears to have been sent (shows as awaiting response on profile), but the client never received it.  It's a little embarrassing to ask, but did reconfirm email, they did check spam and junk folders and the request is nowhere to be found.  Why might that be?

bee-cat
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to upwork. How can I get clients who are not on Upwork to give me an Upwork testimonial?

Best regards

Elaine

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elaine Denise,

We know many freelancers have worked with clients outside of Upwork and we want to give them an opportunity to showcase that on Upwork by getting testimonials from these clients. You should be able to locate the Testimonials section on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ad88c617
Community Member

Hi Bojan
A client is yet to receive an email

Hi Yusuf,

Just to confirm, are you referring to another testimonial that your client hasn't received? If yes, please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with your client details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran

I'm still expecting a reply to my PM

Hi Yusuf,

Apologies for the delay, one of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
526b2807
Community Member

Hi I sent a testimonials request(to appear on my profile) to my existing clients but they didn't received any request on their email can u please check what's the issue why they are not receiving mail from up work?

Hi Tanzeel,

Could you please send me a private message with the names of your clients that didn't receive the testimonial email so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I sent u a private message from your profile yesterday but have'nt got response from u yet.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths