🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Non-Upwork Client testimonial request.
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355
jaykishan_patel
Community Member

Hello there

I had invited 3 client to give me testimonial & i filled his business mail in "Testimonials" section. They all informed me that they don't have any mail from upwork about testimonial. They checked their inbox & spam/junk folder as well.I had their confirmation several times. But they don't have a mail. Can you give me mail-delivery-report for testimonial-request OR Can you invite them again to give me testimonial?

Please send me thread which help to client for submitting testimonial. So, that i can forward thread to them.

Thank you.

JK Patel

JK Patel

Did you ever get this issue resilved?  I am having the same problem.

Thanks,

Dave

Hello David

I didn't get any response from upwork. I have invited 3 client for testimonial, but they denied to have mail.

@upwork, didn't inform me for the same.

JK Patel

Hi Jaikishan,

I have shared your concern with the team and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I think that I am having the same issue. It is really inconvenient for the clients to check several times and I am afraid if I tried to push it, I might jeopardize my business relationship. Please help!

Thanks

Hi Saad,

I checked with the team and it seems that all the emails were sent successfully to your clients. You need to follow up with your clients regarding the testimonial requests. If they are not seeing the email, you can ask to check their Spam/Junk folder in case the email went there. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My Question is: In the testimonial there is a option Business Email. I need to know there only business email with domain name required or any email can be used like gmail, yahoo etc. Thanks

Any E-mail can be used for this purpose. However, domain e-mail is
preferred. Apart from that, LinkedIn account's URL, first and last name and
the position of the client in the company (that's optional tho.)

I am having the same issue my clients have not recieved any email from upwork. the one who recieved it has suubmited the testimonial but it hasnt been approved.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Waqar,

Just to clarify, do you have a client who didn’t receive the testimonial request; or are you referring to the testimonial that is still pending?

Unfortunately, due to the high number of testimonials we receive, we cannot expedite your request. While the quoted review time is within 10 days, please know in most cases we complete our review within 5 days. We truly appreciate your patience through this process! Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Testimonial Request, They didnt Recieve Any emails from upwork. I asked them to check again and again . They checked Spam section as well. 

Hi Waqar,

Could you please let us know to which testimonial request you are referring to so that we can assist you further?

Thank you, 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Can business email be Gmail or Yahoo ? Or only domain name ?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Imrul Hossain,

You're free to use any email domain. Please be sure to use the correct email that the client has access to since the instructions on how to submit a testimonial will be sent to it. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
cmimrul
Community Member

Thanks. Okay I am sending Request to their Gmail. Thanks
asadca2
Community Member

I have sent a request of testimonial to someone but that is not received, Pls. resolve

Hi Asad Ali,

I will look into this further and will get back to you once I have more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Asad Ali,

Thank you for your patience. We checked with the team and it looks like due to the status of the Upwork account associated with this email address the request cannot be resent at this time. You can try requesting a testimonial from a different client.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
mintumondal65
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community,

I am here again. I am unable to see my past client testimoinal and my other certifications without login. But I have seen many freelancers profile where client testimonial are showing without and within logged except mine.

Could anyone please let me know why client testimonial doesn't show on my profile without login.

Thanks in advance!

Warm Regards,

Mintu M 

Hello Mintu,

Thank you for your message. 

The purpose of our logged-out site is to give prospective clients and freelancers a feel for what Upwork has to offer so that they can decide whether to join our platform; it is not intended to reflect all the jobs and all the profile information available on Upwork. That's the role of the logged-in site, which is only visible to our registered users. To optimize the experience of prospective clients and freelancers on our logged-out site, we are sometimes selective about which jobs and profiles are visible.

We apologize if you are disappointed not to see your profile information or job on the logged-out site. However, you can rest easy knowing that the vast majority of job invitations and job applications stem from visibility on the logged-in user site, not on the logged-out site. Therefore, your success on Upwork shouldn't be impacted by your visibility on our logged-out site.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hello Predeep,

Thanks you for your response and clearification. 

Thanks,

Mintu M

dancingclea
Community Member

A client would like to edit a submitted testimonial as she inadvertently submitted it before having a chance to correct some errors. Is there a way of doing this or resubmitting a testimonial?

Hi Clea, 

I'm sorry for the delay as we had to check this with another team. A member of the Customer Support Team reached out to you to assist you further with your concern through this support ticket.

If you have further questions regarding this concern, please don't hesitate to update your support ticket. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rohitavira
Community Member

Hi, 

I requested to client to give testimonial and i got email from upwork that not aproved due to not sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. 

I am sure contact information is valid and other info as well. not sure why upwork not validation the information that i provided.

Is there any way to provide again information and get approve ?

Hi Rohit,

I'm sorry to hear how this could've inconvenienced you. We are going to check this with the team, and we'll get back to you once we have more information.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rohit, 

I apologize for the delay as we had to check this with another team. I am happy to confirm that the testimonial you have requested is now listed in your profile. Those are really great reviews! I hope it helps you become more successful on Upwork!

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 7.38.06 AM.png

~ Avery
Upwork
nageen10
Community Member

I had submitted details of my clients on upwork for my profile over two weeks ago, but my clients have not yet received any links to post their recommendations on my profile.
Please look in to the matter and expedite it.

Hi Nageena,

Apologies for the delayed response. Our team has resent the Testimonial emails to your clients.

Thanks! 

~Andrea
Upwork
chigozi_
Community Member

I requested for a testimonial from a client on my upwork profile. 

The client is yet to receive the testimonial request. 

Can this be fixed please?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chigozi, 

I have escalated your concern to the team and our team will come back here once we have more information regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chigozi, 

Thank you for patiently waiting as we looked into this further. A Customer Support Team member will reach out to you through an email support ticket to assist you with your concern. Once a ticket has been generated, you should be able to access it on this page of your account or through the email address associated with your Upwork account. 

Please don't hesitate to update the ticket if you have further questions regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
oscar-256
Community Member

HALO, i am new to up work as freelancer, i was tasked to atleast have 5 testimonials for my account to be approved such that clients can see it online. I did so but now i dont know weather ita approved or not?. i am really passionate to work with upworks. i would also need guidance on how yo make project proposals.Most jobs posted show they need job success, but since its my first time, i dnt know how that will be effective. Thank you.

Hi Bwire,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you already have 5 approved testimonials on your profile. Here is a screenshot for reference. You can find more information about testimonials in this help article

I would like to let you know that we have a great new webinar about in-depth training on how to craft a killer proposal, the kind that drastically increases your chances of winning the best projects. You can find the webinar here. Feel free to check this help article for more information about available events and webinars. 

You may also check these great topics in our Resource Corner to help you create proposals that win jobs:

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you sir, so does that mean my account is visible and approved?

Hi Bwire,

Thank you for following up. I am glad to inform you that your profile is both visible and approved. You may want to consider checking out this Community board as it has many great articles to help you boost your career on Upwork and this thread to help you get started.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi there

I've had two out of three testimonials refused, despite these being real clients for whom I've done real work.

It is staggeringly frustrating only to get an automatic, generic response with no real explanation or possible resolution. I know that at least one of these guys spent a couple of hours choosing his words carefully and I feel like I'm basically wasting clients' time here.

A thorough validation system for testimonials is obviously to everyone's advantage in the long run, but one lacking in transparency and the opportunity to address concerns is hugely frustrating.

Can anyone shed any light on why I'm getting these refusals?

Hi Sandy,

I'm sorry to hear about your request status. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information.

We do have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of the testimonials. To better ensure the integrity of our review, we do not share the details of our process. Thanks for your understanding.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Oh my God, that same, endlessly repeated message. Please stop it. You're meant to be a site that facilitates communication. Do better than this.

Your system isn't working. I know this because I've done work for two people who have spent time and effort on testimonials and seen that wasted.

Don't thank people in advance for things. It's incredibly presumptious. I don't understand, you're wrong on this.

SO irritating.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandy, 

Thank you for patiently waiting as our team looked into this further, and I'm sorry to learn that this experience has inconvenienced you. I can see that three testimonials are already displayed, while two are waiting for a response from your client. The testimonial in question is now displayed on your profile.

If you need further assistance with this, please don't hesitate to update this thread so that our team can assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths