cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Testimonial Email Link

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
591 of 777

Hi Luca,

The photo won't appear next to the testimonial. However, I'll go ahead and share this as feedback with the team for consideration.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Stuart P Member Since: Nov 10, 2020
592 of 777

Hello,

I've just set up my Upwork profile, and I've contacted several people to request a testimonial.
However, the first two have come back as rejected, with the following message:

We are writing to inform you that Xxxx’s testimonial was not approved.

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. Thank you for your understanding. You can try requesting another testimonial from a different client.

I'm rather puzzled by this, because I provided valid email addresses and LinkedIn URLs for both.

Obviously, I'm keen to add testimonials to my profile, so I hope you can help.
Thanks very much,
Best wishes,
Stuart.

Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
593 of 777

Hi Stuart,

I understand you're disappointed your testimonial request was rejected. We’re committed to doing our best to maintaing the trust and quality of our marketplace. Please know that we do have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of testimonials. To better ensure the integrity of our review, we do not share the details of our process. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
Stuart P Member Since: Nov 10, 2020
594 of 777

Thank you for your reply.
The two testimonials were written by two people I have worked for (in different capacities), and both their work email addresses and LinkedIn profiles are genuine. I was told that the issue on both is regarding their contact information, but both are correct? I am genuinely baffled why they have been rejected.

Presumably, testimonials can be written by non-Upwork clients - that's the whole point, right?
Because I'm new to Upwork, that's why I've done this, so that people can see my previous work and have the confidence to use me based on testimonials from people I've dealt with in the past.

Can you please double-check, because something is not right here?
I filled in their work emails and LinkedIn profiles - was there something missing? Please let me know.

Best wishes,
Stuart.

Kari S Member Since: Nov 13, 2020
595 of 777

Hello,
I need a testimonial email request resent.
The client I sent it to lost the email and the system does not show an option to have the link resent. When I tried to add her again, it said I could not.
Please resend or tell me how to send again?
Thank you!
Kari

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
596 of 777

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kari.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with resending your request. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Mikita C Member Since: Nov 16, 2020
597 of 777

Support tickets don't work anymore?

598 of 777

Hi Mikita,

Could you please let me know what issues or questions you have and I'll make sure to escalate your concern/issue to the correct department?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Mikita C Member Since: Nov 16, 2020
599 of 777
A testimonial from one of my non-Upwork clients was declined. I wanted to
escalate it and ask what I can do to prove his testimonial is valid.
600 of 777

Hi Mikita,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS