🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Testimonial wait time
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355

Hi Shohaq,

I just sent you a PM with more information regarding your concern.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey Guys,

I am having the same issue. My client didn't receive the email about the testimonial request. Can you help me with this ?

Hi Shubham,

I checked and see our support agent already assisted you with this concern on your open support ticket, let us know if you have any other questions.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Same problem here, I cannot cancel or re-send a request. Unless it is a different email. Could you please help me?

Thanks

Hi Matteo,

Please ask the client to search for the words “has requested a reference” in their inbox to see if it went to their spam folder. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran

Unfortunately he could not find the eamil. Is it possible to send him this email again? Or request again the testimonial?

Thanks

Hi Matteo,

I shard your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanne

Thanks for the heads up!

I also requested a testimonial from a client, but he claims not to have gotten any notification, and I earnestly need his testimonial. Someone should help me out, please.

Thank you.

Hi Diamaka,

I checked with the team, and they have confined that the email was sent to your client. Could you please ask your client to check their spam folder? Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, thank you for checking. I asked the client again and he said he has searched through his email and still can't find it. I don't know, could it be that I put in the wrong email?😥 If it's true, can I put the correct email? Thank you
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diamaka,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the correct email address this testimonial should be sent to? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
it_zahid
Community Member

I have sent request twice to my non upwork clients to put a testimonia. but he did not receive any email.Please what can i do now?

Hi Abdullah,

We checked and it looks like your client followed up on the request and the testimonial is already showing on your profile. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same problem. My client told me that she didn't receive my testimonial request.  I tried to resend the request again but couldn't because the Upwork system said that I had already sent a request preventing me from sending a new one. I would really like to get this client's testimonial. Would some please help me get this issue resolved?

Thank you in advance for your help. My email address is

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Flora,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
fdelang
Community Member

What is the status of my request for help?

Would you please remove the request I sent to **Edited for community guidelines**? She is the
one who has not received the Upwork testimonial request. I need to send her
a new request for her testimonial.

Please help. Thank you.

~ Flora Del Angel

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Flora,

I checked this for you and see that you've responded to your existing ticket to our team regarding their question. Please allow time to them to respond and update the ticket. If you have any additional question please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi I sent a testimonial request to my client yesterday and she says she has not got yet. Can you please help me with that.

Hi SAMINA,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

Edited to correct information: 

I am sorry for the confusion in my original post. Please know that I shared your report with our team and they have sent a new testimonial request to your client. Please let us know if you need our further assistance. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks, Nikola. I will be waiting.

I also requested a testimonial from a client, but he claims not to have gotten any notification/email, Please look into this on priority and help me with. Thanks!

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Snehal,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email you sent this request to? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey Bojan,

I'm unable to message you. It shows error message

Hi Snehal,

I just sent you a PM. Please follow up on that message with more information regarding your concern and I'll advise you accordingly. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,
I sent a testimonial request to an old client but he didn't receive it yet. Checked the soam/junk folder but still not there.

Please help

Regards,
Madhavam

Hi,
I requested an old client for a testimonial on upwork, but he didn't received it. Checked the spam/junk folder but to no avail.

Please help

Thanks & Regards,
Madhavam
lucaloiacono
Community Member

Hello, my beautiful freelancers!

A few days ago, I've asked one of my oldest regular clients to leave me a testimonial on my UpWork profile.

He happily complied but after getting it approved, his photo is not showing. Initially, I thought the servers were updating and after a few hours it would've been displayed but nothing happened even after days.

It's my first time getting a testimonial on UpWork as I'm fairly new to the platform. My client assured me he had no option to upload a picture and we both assumed that his LinkedIn profile picture would've been used.

This is my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e866190470086e03?s=1017484851352699003

Attached a screenshot of how his testimonial appears on my profile.

What can I do to make his photo appear?

Thanks!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Luca,

The photo won't appear next to the testimonial. However, I'll go ahead and share this as feedback with the team for consideration.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
stuartpeskett
Community Member

Hello,

I've just set up my Upwork profile, and I've contacted several people to request a testimonial.
However, the first two have come back as rejected, with the following message:

We are writing to inform you that Xxxx’s testimonial was not approved.

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. Thank you for your understanding. You can try requesting another testimonial from a different client.

I'm rather puzzled by this, because I provided valid email addresses and LinkedIn URLs for both.

Obviously, I'm keen to add testimonials to my profile, so I hope you can help.
Thanks very much,
Best wishes,
Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

I understand you're disappointed your testimonial request was rejected. We’re committed to doing our best to maintaing the trust and quality of our marketplace. Please know that we do have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of testimonials. To better ensure the integrity of our review, we do not share the details of our process. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you for your reply.
The two testimonials were written by two people I have worked for (in different capacities), and both their work email addresses and LinkedIn profiles are genuine. I was told that the issue on both is regarding their contact information, but both are correct? I am genuinely baffled why they have been rejected.

Presumably, testimonials can be written by non-Upwork clients - that's the whole point, right?
Because I'm new to Upwork, that's why I've done this, so that people can see my previous work and have the confidence to use me based on testimonials from people I've dealt with in the past.

Can you please double-check, because something is not right here?
I filled in their work emails and LinkedIn profiles - was there something missing? Please let me know.

Best wishes,
Stuart.

kari_st_arnault
Community Member

Hello,
I need a testimonial email request resent.
The client I sent it to lost the email and the system does not show an option to have the link resent. When I tried to add her again, it said I could not.
Please resend or tell me how to send again?
Thank you!
Kari

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kari.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with resending your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Support tickets don't work anymore?

Hi Mikita,

Could you please let me know what issues or questions you have and I'll make sure to escalate your concern/issue to the correct department?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

A testimonial from one of my non-Upwork clients was declined. I wanted to
escalate it and ask what I can do to prove his testimonial is valid.

Hi Mikita,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Sir how can I contact with non-upwork client.
roland_creative
Community Member

Does anyone know how long it is normal to have to wait before a testimonial is approved by Upwork?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths