🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client testimonial not approved
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355

Hi Tanzeel,

I'm sorry for the delay in replying to the message. I followed up just now.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

yes i am waiting for your response thanks

6650ce5f
Community Member

Why my client's testimonial not approved? Is there anything wrong?

Hi, 

Was this a testimonial outside Upwork or from a resulting contract or project on Upwork? If the testimonial resulted from a job on Upwork, it would take a few hours before it reflects on your profile. These days it takes more time, and I'm not sure why this happens. 

I request testimonial with non-Upwork client but the request was not
approved by Upwork. I dont know the reason why Upwork not approved my past
client. I enclose the evidence that the testimonial is real.

I request testimonial with non-Upwork client but the request was not approved by Upwork. I dont know the reason why Upwork not approved my past client. I enclose the evidence that the testimonial is real.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Putri,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Which information not valid from my past client? Would you we tell which information that yoU have not able to find sufficient information From my past client?

Which sufficient evidence that I should collect? I will collect the valid evidence

Hi Putri,

Unfortunately I can't share any additional details regarding your testimonial, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i can give the sufficient evidence about my past client. Can i?
5498efec
Community Member

Someone submitted a testimonial for me but it appears as if I not she had written it and we cannot change it  hel please!

Hi Diane,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
armanaqib
Community Member

My testimonial was not approved. But My client provides a testimonial I don't know what is the problem there. can you please explain what needs to include in the testimonial and is there is any sample template that I can forward to my client for make the testimonial by following this .

Ragards,

Arman

Hi Arman,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. whats this evidence please explain. that what i need to ask my client to provide 

shahabniaz4
Community Member

Hi,

Recently, I requested my non-Upwork client for a testimonial using the Upwork testimonial feature, but Upwork didn't approve it.

Reason:

I was facing an issue on the testimonial window i.e. Upwork was giving me an error (invalid Linkedin link) then I found a solution (https://www.linkedin.com/in/company/CLIENTNAME or adding "in" after .com) posted by a moderator in the community (https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/client-testimonial-request-doesn-t-work-linkedin-profile...). After using this format, I was allowed to continue but it led to another profile due to which Upwork didn't approve it.

Is there any other solution available?

Looking forward to your response. 

Thanks

Hi Shahab,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
vicenquintero
Community Member

-Solved-

Hi Vicente,

~ Goran
Upwork
kadirijhay
Community Member

Hello Community,

I requested a Testimonial from my non-Upwork client and she told me she has submitted the Testimonial but I'm yet to receive it. I just want to know how long it takes to arrive and what criteria must be met before it can be approved?

Hi Jude,

Please allow up to 10 business days for your Testimonial request to be reviewed. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Okay thanks.
poppsrob
Community Member

Hello,

I need help to submit a request for a testimony. I'm looking to request a testimonial from a former client (non-Upwork client). The former client does not have a LinkedIn profile. I believe that is why the submission button is grayed out. Which is restricting me from submitting my request properly.

Please see attached screenshot.

Please advise.

Steven Robinson

**Edited for community guidelines*

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steven,

Currently, you can send a testimonial request only to clients with a  LinkedIn profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
antohjr83
Community Member

Hi guys, 

So I am just after joining upwork, I have reviews on my facebook page and website but the few that I have from companies they are not on linkedIn. I was going to ask these clients to leave a review on upwork for me and I followed the procedure enter cleints details etc, but as they are not on linkedIn, it wont let me send them my request? Can anyone help me out with this, is there another way to get them to leave a review?

Thanks in advance folks!

Hi Anthony,

In order for your clients to leave a Testimonial for you, they need to have a LinkedIn profile.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ivanabee
Community Member

Hi there,

I got my first testimonial from client, but I accidentaly clicked the wrong button and now I cannot post it on my profile anymore.

IIs there anything I can do to fix this 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivana,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
23c40f0d
Community Member

Hello

My client accidentaly deleted his testimonial request email. Is there a way to resend it?

Kind regards

Jordi

Hi Jordi,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more information about your client so that our team can check this? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having the same issue...

I'm also having the same issue. Please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hajra,

Could you please share more information about the issue you're experiencing so that we can address it accordingly?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
hajrak
Community Member

Hi,
I need to resend testimonial requests to a couple of clients outside of
Upwork but there's no option to do that unless I send a new request which
then won't be following up on the last one.
Please see the attached image.

Thanks.
[image: Upwork Testimonial.jpg]
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hajra,

To clarify, are you looking to send these requests to clients that haven't responded to requests you'd sent them previously?

~ Vladimir
Upwork
hajrak
Community Member

Yes.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hajra,

Unfortunately the request cannot be resent at this time. You can try requesting a testimonial from a different client. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I am also having an issue where a client was unable to find a request.  Is it impossible to resend to them at this time?

Hi Grahame,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths