🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Remove testimonial request
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355

Hi, thanks for the reply. I tried clearing my cache already as well as using a different browser. And of course I entered all of the personal details of the client (that was just for the purpose of the screenshot).

Thank you for the confirmation, Ali.

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, 

I have the same problem. I tried to reach out to support but I haven't heard back. Please contact me with more information. 

Thank you 

Hi all

I am facing the same issue when I enter Linkedin profile to request testimonials. The error I am getting is 'Invalid Linkedin profile'

I paste it in the requested format, copy paste from Linked as https://www.linkedin.com/in/name/

This gives me error message

Pleae help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Radjesh and Ashley.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concerns. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, 

I'm having the same problem. 
Is there a fix for this yet? I really need to get my client's reviews up. 

Thanks!

Hi Patrick,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,
Some weeks ago, I complained that my non-Upwork client hasn't replied to my request for a testimonial. With your help, I discovered that I sent the wrong email. Bojan asked me to send him a pm with the correct email. Since then, I have tried to send him a private message all to no avail.

I will successfully input my username and password, but when the page where I should type in a message pops up, it goes immobile. I have been trying this for a while now. Please help me out. Thank you.

Hi Diamaka,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to send your request. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there! How are you? I'm having the same issue. Also, is there a way to request testimonials from external clients who doesn't have Linked In profiles? Many of my external clients that can recommend my job actually don't have Linked In accounts, and I wonder how do I do to hand them request for reviewing me here on Upwork? Thanks in advance!

Hi Luigi,

Currently, this feature is only available to clients who have a LinkedIn account. 

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists and share more information about it.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Was the issue resolved ? I am expirencing the poroblem. Maybe you can direct me as to how I can go about it. Thank you 

Hi Uche,

Could you please send me a private message with the LinkedIn profile you are trying to use in the form so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Sorry I am asking in a reply. Upwork does not allow me to send you message directly.
I have made a client's testimonial request to the HR dept. of my previous company. My client filled in the details and now I am seeing that it is pending by Upwork
Keeping in mind that Upwork only verify as per their policies. What would be the other way to do it?
The name is punch.cool and is US based. It has traces all over the internet and its a multinational software agency.
Please help me as I am new and it is getting harder to grab new clients on this amazing platform!

Hi Ahmed,

Unfortunately, due to the high number of testimonials we receive, we cannot expedite your request. While the quoted review time is within 10 days, please know in most cases we complete our review within 5 days. We truly appreciate your patience through this process!

~ Nikola
Upwork
emeasy
Community Member

I have the same issue. I have also tried the aforementioned solutions like using a different browser, clearing cache and cookies but the problem still persists. It seems like a form validation error because I input the correct format.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Awele,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm having this problem too, can someone reach out to me to help me solve it? Need these references. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kyle.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey there, I'm trying to send a testimonial to a previous client of mine. Upon inserting their linkedin page, the button does not accept the link. I've tested the link multiple times and it works. What am I missing?

Hey everybody,

I haven't heard from Upwork Support, but the LinkedIn link IS functioning for me again (on the Upwork mobile app at least, haven't tested desktop). I didn't change anything, but if you've been having this problem in the past few days, it could be fixed!

Good luck!

Hi! 

Mine is now functional too. 😄

e7103587
Community Member

I am also having the same problem. no matter what I do, the form will not accept the linkedin hyperlink... please help!

Hi Stefanie,

I escalated your concern to the team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
zelhan
Community Member

I am also having the same problem same like stefanie no matter what I do, the form will not accept the LinkedIn hyperlink... please help!

Hi Hanzel,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

same issue I CANNOT ADD THE LINKEDIN URL OF THE PERSON I AM REQUESTING THE TESTIMONY FROM

Hi Mark,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

https://imgur.com/undefined Hi! I didn't have any issues before but right now, I'm getting the same problem. I was able to add testimonials before without any issues.

zelhan
Community Member

Thank you I will wait for that support ticket then.

bencatania
Community Member

I've sent a testimonial to my client, he says he cannot find the testimonial request in his inbox. And now I cannot delete the request. What do I do?

Hi Ben,

Our team went ahead and resent the email to your client. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I requested a testimonial from a non-Upwork client but he says he didn't get any email from Upwork. Now I can't send the request again. Can you please send it again?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Umar,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email you've sent this testimonial request to? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
greenadvertiser
Community Member

I got endorsements from three (3) of my previous clients but on the endorsement section of my profile, it's still showing "Your testimonial request to * is pending".  My clients confirmed that they submitted those feedbacks. I'm not sure why those feedbacks are not showing in my profile.

Hi Ajharul,

While the quoted review time is within 10 days, please know in most cases we complete our review within 5 days.

We truly appreciate your patience through this process!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jemimad
Community Member

Hi, I made a mistake when I filled out the form for non-Upwork testimonials  I added my first name and last name instead of theirs, could it be removed?

mkh_
Community Member

Hi Jemima,

As I know - that's one of the most popular chats for testimonial discussion. 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Showcase-your-past-experience-with-testimonials-FEEDBACK...

Hope you will find help there.

All the best,

Mariam

Hi Jemima,

I checked with the team and the testimonial request was canceled. You should be able to resend it now. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
084ea0f1
Community Member

I have sent a testimonial request to one of my clients. And he said he had done it perfectly. But why it is in pending in my profile. I cannot find out the issue. Would you please help me?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths