🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Testimonial issues
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chopal,

Due to the high number of testimonials we receive, please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed.

We truly appreciate your patience through this process!

~ Bojan
Upwork
samueltoone
Community Member

Hi, 

A few days ago I sent a previous client a recommendation request to which they have filled out and sent. The notification still says 'Pending' but I am looking to find out whether it wasn't sent correctly, or that it is waiting for confirmation by Upwork?

Thank you,

Sam

Hi Samuel,

While the quoted review time is within 10 days, please know in most cases we complete our review within 5 days.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mcphemmie
Community Member

Hello, I requested a testimonial from 2 of my clients and they said Upwork didn't notify them on LinkedIn. Please what's wrong?

Hi Olufemi,

While we are excited to share that the feature is proving to be very popular unfortunately we've received so many requests that it's taking us a while to review each one. As a result, please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature. Thanks!

~ Goran
Upwork
b1688241
Community Member

A client of mine (from outside UpWork has left a testimonial for me but it was not approved as the contact information could not be verified; a valid LinkedIn profile was provided, along with an email address which was made up of their name, matching that of LinkedIn. It is an entirely valid testimonial, I am just wondering why it may have been declined and how I can have it reviewed?

Thanks
Keith

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Keith,

Looks like your testimonial request is still under review. While the quoted review time is within 10 days, please know in most cases we complete our review within 5 days.

~ Bojan
Upwork
zeeshansalee613
Community Member

Hi, I am unable to proceed further on getting a testimonial from local clients for past work. The only LinkedIn option is not working.it says invalid link, while the link is ok. Is it possible for you to solve this problem for me? Thanks in advance

Zeeshan

Hi Muhammad,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,
I have a bit of concern on how the verification is done. I've provided my former client official email and LinkedIn. Although she is yet to provide me with a reference yet.
My concern is for privacy reasons though.
1. Will Upwork contact her via LinkedIn again after providing the reference
2. Or the official email is enough and taking a look at her profile. This 8s because I would not want to infringe on her privacy because of her executive position.

Hi Prince,

The notification about your testimonial request is sent to the client's email. In general, any information you submit to Upwork is processed by Upwork in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To better ensure the integrity of the process, we do not share the details about how we review and check the validity of the testimonials.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fb-media-buyer
Community Member

I want to upload past testimonials but I am not able to submit the information without entering a URL for the clients Linkedin account.

However, my past clients do not have Linkedin accounts. Is there a way to upload the testimonials without the Linkedin URL? 

Thanks for your help! 

Hi Sean,

Your clients need to have a LinkedIn profile in order for you to request a testimonial from them.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Sean, There are no other ways because Upwork verifies the client's job title through the LinkedIn account, so it is the only way to add testimony to Upwork for now, I also thought the same way as I have 100's of non-Upwork clients', I hope they will add more social media platforms to the list in future.

Thats a pity! Thank you for your reply 🙂
rschnell1
Community Member

I am new to Upwork and recently submitted a testimonal request to a past (non-Upwork) client. They have not received the request on their end yet. How long does it typically take?

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Has your client checked their spam/junk folder to see if the email was sent there? If not, please send me a private message with your client's email address so I can look into this for you.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks Andrea. Let me check with him and let you know. 

Just checked with him and there is nothing in spam or junk folder - or on his Upwork profile. I also PM'd you with his email.

Thank you for looking into this. 

2fd2bb32
Community Member

Hello i have question, my non upwork client testimonial was not approved what he can do to make another testimonial for me?

I have faced the same problem, then I tried the same thing you did, posting it in the community, but yet I didn't receive any solution or reason for testimony rejection, and tried to find my self, 

I have helped the client with an application logo and branding, and he has an Upwork account as a freelancer, so l think that is the reason why they didn't accept the testimony, but I'm not sure about it yet as Upwork provided any exact reason.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maricar,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information.

You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Bojan
Upwork
4188e188
Community Member

What if the client don't have any LinkedIn profile then what should i do to request a testimonial?

Don’t request— it will be turned down if there is no LinkedIn account. It isn’t possible according to the current Upwork policies.
Upwork— PLEASE make this even more clear. We’re wasting time answering this question ad nauseum.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

Currently, they'll need to have a LinkedIn profile.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name and profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable.  Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo and this one for updating your name.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
rightcopywriter
Community Member

Hello, 

I have requested a testimonial from a previous client. However, they haven't shared it inspite of submitting the work. I now wish to delete that request from my profile. How do I do that? 

Hi Avlokita,

Could you please send me a private message with the name of the client so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
b748c85f
Community Member

My client's testimonial was rejected. Can you please tell me why?

I would like to have this issue resolved. 

Hi Gracelyn,

I see there's a recently approved testimonial showing in your profile. Are you referring to one different from the one you already have?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b748c85f
Community Member

Hello,

No - I am not referring to the one I already have. Do you think I should
consider having the individual whose testimonial was rejected resubmit what
she wrote?

She is a trusted client, so her review would be helpful for me.

Best,
Gracelyn

Hi Gracelyn,

I followed up with the team and your testimonial was already approved. Let us know if you need further help with anything.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Gracelyn,

To ensure the trust and quality of the Upwork marketplace, they only approve testimonials from clients where they have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid, and due to the privacy policy they don't provide the reason for rejection, the only thing you can do is to find another client for testimony.

I hope this is helpful.

phil_appleby
Community Member

Having recently registered with Upwork, I received an email suggesting that I request testimonials from past clients, which seems like a good idea. I started the process for my first client, a children's author, but was prompted to enter a LinkedIn address, which she doesn't have. Is it only possible to get testimonials from people who are registered with LinkedIn?

Hi Phil,

Yes, they need to have a LinkedIn profile in order to be able to send the testimonial request. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for the prompt response, Goran. That's unfortunate. I don't think any of the people I've recently worked with use LinkedIn. 

safeer_ullah
Community Member

Hello,

My outside client give reviews through my testimonial request but it was rejected by Upwork. it was my genuine current client outside Upwork. How can I get approved. is there any option kindly advise.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks for your question, Safeer. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

Thanks for your email.

But i have concerns about reply from customer services. I have real and
genuine client who gave review.Its not fair with me.

Regards,
Safeerullah

Hi Safeer,

I followed up with the team and your testimonial was already approved. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksandar -  

I asked a colleague for a testimonial, provided all the necessary info, and her testimonial was rejected. It's a legit testimonial, and I'm hoping somebody can look into this for me.

Many thanks,

James

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths