🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Testimonial Not Approved
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355

Can someone answer this, please?! I need that information. Thanks

Hi Luciana,

Apologies for the delay in our response. We would suggest you check with your client if they are ok with you sending the request to their personal email. Your client does need to have a LinkedIn profile and  we have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of the testimonials. To better ensure the integrity of our review, we do not share the details of our process. Thanks for your understanding.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks for your answer. He is ok with me sending the request to his personal account. I know having a LinkedIn account is mandatory. The question is: Is there anything about the account I need to consider? Or just having one is enough?

Hi Luciana,

Please submit the link to your client's individual profile on LinkedIn – we cannot accept links to company profile pages. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you Andrea.

amir_eskander
Community Member

Hello,
I have sent a testimonial request to a non-upwork clinet, however I mistakenly entered my name instead of the clients first name and I would like to remove this request and resend it using the right name.
Also how much time it takes to the client to recieve the email?
Thanks in advanced

Hi Amir,

I shared your request with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
febd3fa1
Community Member

Good day Sir, I am kinda having a similar problem. I need to cancel a testimonial request on my page. Please help me out.

Hi Mario-Juan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
dandigital2020
Community Member

Can someone please tell me what the field Client's LinkedIn Profile  should contain in Request a client testimonial for Endorsements from past clients. These are clients that are outside of upwork.

If this is a link to a portfolio that I create then how can I get its link.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Danish, 

Please fill in this field with your client's LinkedIn account link/profile link. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Can someone please tell me what the field Client's LinkedIn Profile  should contain in Request a client testimonial for Endorsements from past clients. These are clients that are outside of upwork.

Hi Bukenya,

In the field, you need to add your client LinkedIn profile that should be in one of these formats:

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
m_sulaiman_
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

I hope you are doing well. My testimonials from clients are still pending after 2 days. Can you please review them and approve. I will be very grateful to you as i have recently joined this platform and as mentioned in upwork guide adding testimonials will help a lot in getting my first project.

Thank you so much.

Best Regards

Muhammad Sulaiman

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Muhammad,

Unfortunately, due to the high number of testimonials we receive, we cannot expedite your request. While the quoted review time is within 10 days, please know in most cases we complete our review within 5 days. We truly appreciate your patience through this process!

~ Bojan
Upwork
atachristine
Community Member

So I requested a testimonial from a non-Upwork client and she said she has sent the form back on the 14th of Feb. I know UpWork says it may take a "few days" until it shows up on my profile, but it's been more than a week. I hope someone knows something, thanks! 

Hi Renata,

Thanks for reaching out about your testimonial submission -- we are happy to learn that you're finding value in this feature. Unfortunately, due to the high number of testimonials we receive, we cannot expedite your request. While the quoted review time is within 10 days, please know in most cases we complete our review within 5 days. We truly appreciate your patience through this process!

~ Goran
Upwork
v1c3ntecruz
Community Member

I accidentally sent a testimonial request out but misspelled the client's first name. We're very familiar with eachother so he will just find it funny; on the other hand, I don't want his name misspelled on my public profile page, so how can I get this fixed? I tried sending another testimonial with a fixed name but I got an error message stating that I had already sent a testimonial request to this individual.

Hi Vicente,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
l_sanders-masset
Community Member

I have a testimonial that was sent on Feb. 8th and is still pending after three weeks.  Not sure what to do.  I'm new to UpWork so I am trying to fill out my profile as best I can and these could help.

Hi Laura, 

I'm sorry for the delay as we had to check this with another team. I can confirm that the testimonial you are referring to is already listed in your profile. Great feedback, and your profile look great too. 

Since you're new to Upwork, I would recommend that you read up on the Freelancing Resources we have compiled here to help you to a successful start. 

Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
67e44af5
Community Member

How long does it take for testimonials to be approved?

Also one of my contacts that I requested a testimonial from says they did not receive it. Can it be resent somehow?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi April,

While the quoted review time is within 10 days, please know in most cases we complete our review within 5 days. We truly appreciate your patience through this process!

Feel free to click on my name and send me a PM with the email address you sent the testimonial request to? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
aizazalica
Community Member

My employer sent me testimonial from linkedin website. but its been more than 2 weeks its still pending from upwork side. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Aizaz,

Sometimes it takes time to get something verified. If you are trying to get your testimonial verified let it run through the security check as Upwork could be checking the validity of the profile through which you have been recommended/given the testimonial. It's pretty much normal because I suppose it could be a security check as per TOS but don't worry anyone from the MODS will reach out to you soon!

Hope you get your problem solved...!!!

Hi Aizaz, and Rebecca,

I checked with the team and both of your testimonials were already approved. Let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

How much time require to show terminals in my profile can you guide me

Hi Adeel,

Please note that it can take up to 10 business days for a testimonial to be reviewed. You can learn more here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
kaplan_norma
Community Member

Using the form that Upwork provides, I reached out to a client for a testimonial.  It was not approved by Upwork and I'd like to know why.  It is so hard to communicate with the staff.

Hi Norma, 

Welcome to the Upwork Community! I can see that you were able to file a ticket with our Customer Support Team. I'll let them know that you have sent an email, but I'd like to manage your expectations and let you know that tickets are addressed by the order they were received. 

I also saw your post on this thread. Is there anything our team can help you with? Let us know and we'll be happy to assist you with your concerns. 

~ Avery
Upwork
eae4a75f
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I also have the same issue - can someone help me here?

my testimonial is approved now. thank you : )

thank you so much issue has been resolved : )

I'm trying to find out why the testimonial I requested was not approved by Upwork.

Upwork Support has not responded to me.  What can I do?

My client is on Upwork, but he found me a few years ago on LinkedIn and I've been doing work for him ever since then.  I would like to include in my Profile. 

Can someone help me?

Hi Norma, 

I apologize for the delay and the inconvenience this has caused you. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling our case so that they can assist you further.  

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you!

ebgfinancials
Community Member

Hi,

I'm new to upwork,  can I please find out how long it takes for testimonials to be approved as

I can see there are two on my profile that are pending?

Thank you

Hi Eliya,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
aliazam94
Community Member

Hello.

I've been trying from past couple of days to request testimonials from my clients. But the problem is no matter what Linkedin profile I enter. It always gives an invalid error.

I'd love to get any help that can help me get feedbacks on my profile.

Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ali,

Could you please confirm you are submitting the link to your client's individual profile on LinkedIn? We cannot accept links to company profile pages. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths